Sign in to follow this  
Guest seb_sears

UK Radio Show broadcasting in Adelaide - Join in!!!

Guest seb_sears

Hi everyone - I'm currently preparing a series of outside broadcasts taking part in Adelaide/Kangaroo Island/Port Lincoln areas, for the Simon Bates breakfast show on the UK national station, "Smooth Radio", and I'd love to get some ex-pats along.

We're looking to get stories from people who have moved from the UK to live in Adelaide, and get you to some of the outside broadcasts and take part in the breakfast show fun. It'll be a laid back affair, broadcasting to the UK from the 12th-16th Sept inclusive. We'd just like to meet up with you, get you along to meet Simon and tell us how good Adelaide and the surround area is. Can anyone help?

The broadcasts will be from 2:30 - 6:30 Aus time, to transmit to the UK for breakfast.

Guest wiaferg

Hi, I moved to Adelaide in 1981 with my husband and 2 children, 2yrs and 4 months old, and have lived here since. I met my husband, who is Australian, in a pub in Lancaster. I have never looked back but do miss my Mum and Dad a lot, who live in Longridge...Every time I go back to England for a visit (last time was 2009), I listen to Smooth FM as that is the radio station they listen to, so am very excited that they will be in Adelaide. Seems to bring us closer..... Could you tell me more about where the shows will be. My Mum and Dad told me they were coming here.... ? Glenelg and Mount Lofty? I live in the Adelaide Hills at Mount Barker. Cheers...

Guest seb_sears

Hi Waiferg, we'll be broadcasting for the entire week live in Adelaide, from Monday 12th, starting at the Adelaide Oval on Monday. I'll be arriving on Thursday to begin recce'ing sights, and would love to meet a few of you if you're around? I can explain more about the shows then, otherwise, I'll post more information about it all later - have to catch the flight now!

Guest wiaferg

Hi Seb_sears, hope you had a good flight. I can give you my contact details but not sure whether to post on here......You can e-mail me if you want...Historic Hahndorf is a wonderful spot to film from as all tourists visit there and I know every time my Mum and Dad visit from England they always want to go there....just a suggestion....also Victor Harbour another beautiful spot.....Look forward to meeting you

Guest wiaferg

Have been on Smooth website and obtained your itinerary so know where you are going. I am actually going to Flinders Ranges on the Friday for a 4 day camping trip so will miss you by 1 day...never mind...