Coles Car Insurance

Bailey

Guest Guest5035
Hi Everyone

just saved myself $400 switching from my old one to COLES......

worth a look -

Cheers

Fiona

I'm with SGIC, just did a comparison quote and Coles are $220 dearer for fully comp!

So whos better off, i'm confused, i had a at fault accident this year and my premium went down..

:unsure:

Stevo

C’mon Steve you can’t tell me you don’t know about insurance underwriters choosing the particular demographic they wish to insure. Budget direct are great for those with unblemished driving records but put a foot wrong and they will not offer insurance or be difficult with claims. No different to WFI (Coles parent company) wanting to pick the vehicals and people they wish to insure, my bet is they like lady shoppers with new vehicals under a certain value.

I think my insurance is cheaper with SGIC because of many things including driving history over 4 decades and no claims, discounts for muti-policies held, choice to protect your NCB or include extras eg. Coverage for windscreens and unlimited car hire whilst your vehicle is repaired. Some companies also prefer not to offer low premiums on imported vehicals, which mine is.

The answer is that it’s all in the fine print, read the policy wording carefully and then compare apples with apples. The old story, you get what you pay for.

Not so confused now Steve?

Guest Guest5035

I think my insurance is cheaper with SGIC because of many things including driving history over 4 decades

Well you should get a quote with APIA then if you have been driving that long!!:biglaugh:

Stevo

Guest Guest5035

when did you start to drive ......at the age of 9 ???:err: (4 decades = 40 ?) don't be ashamed that you are eligable for APIA:biglaugh:

stevo

when did you start to drive ......at the age of 9 ???:err: (4 decades = 40 ?) don't be ashamed that you are eligable for APIA:biglaugh:

stevo

Do reread my original post which says nothing about driving for 40 years, you'll find my original quote said " driving history over 4 decades ". I got my licence in 1980. APIA are not always the best choice of insurer for over 50's or retirees either.

Do you have a problem reading the fine print and wording in insurance policies too Steve?

Guest Guest5035

Amazing how words can be mis-interpreted isn't it.....lmao:smile:

stevo

and i didn't say they were the best choice of insurer for over 50's or retirees:tongue: