New Member Just Signed Up....

Guest Sarah- UK

Guest Sarah- UK

Hi Everyone

Just logged on, about time really, as Steve and I have finally received our State Sponsored visa through- Yippee!

Been great reading about you all setting up home in Adelaide and also others still prosessing their application in the UK. We are hoping to move this year after several years of deliberating the move but finally we're nearly there...

We visited Adelaide last year and fell in love with the beach and so have intention to live South of Adelaide- Aldinga, Christies, Maslin beach areas if we can. Any tips would be most welcome...

Anyway, great to finally break through the barrier and register with Poms In Adelaide.

Hoping to hear from some of you soon

Sarah & Steve

report.gif progress.gifedit.gif quote.gif

hello sarah and steve and welcome :wubclub:

deffinitly a good idea to join us!

and congrats on your visa!!!!!!!!!

so any idea when the big move will be?!

we only just requested pcc's - we are stuck somewhere in the huge august pile :wacko:

but hopefully we make the move in june!!!

good luck!

Guest Sarah- UK

mOZzy

Thanks for the "Welcome" and so quickly too.

Got the dreaded medical to go through first before we set the BIG date, but looking to spend as much of our Summer , if we indeed get one in the UK, before heading off to sunny Oz! Think you and your family may well beat us if you're planning a June DOL

Have you and your family been to OZ?

Anyway, keep Steve and I posted with progress and thanks again for getting in touch

Catch you soon

Sarah:)

Guest graandjac

;)hi Sarah , welcome to PIA there is some great folks on here with some good advice, we poped out to adelaide in October and also like your choices, the beach at maslin is fantastic ,just watch out for the nudists:biglaugh:,i think (someone will tell me if iam wrong) that its the only nudist beach in oz. Also christies beach is a spot not much talked about on here, but is a very nice spot with good prices. Good Luck, cheers Gra & Jac

Guest Sarah- UK

Gra & Jaq

Great to hear from you both. Gutted about Maslin beach, if it is a nudist colony, not that I'm a prude or anything but had a bad experience in my teens with some Germans windsurfing in the nude in the former Yugoslavia.... just remember old, wrinkly, baggy, leathery hangy bits and bobs- Yuk! Not a great memory for me! :arghh:

Anyway, are you and you family in Oz now? Saw that you had just got your Visa through in December.

Been reading the whole PIA website this afternoon and I agree there seems some great folks out there sharing experiences and advise.

Starting to put together a book on Oz with all information gathered from the internet. I am a bit anxious about finding employment in Oz to be fair- Steve should be OK as he's the one we've got the SA sponsorship with.

Anyway, should trawl the employment websites I guess. If anyone has any tips/ favourite agencies please let me know- the thought of not working when I get to Oz frightens me a bit.

Anyway, Happy New Year to you all. I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again soon

Sarah & Steve

4_1_213.gif at your 'bits and bobs'

nope, we haven't been to oz and won't go before either - i guess we are either brave or stupid :biglaugh:

oh, and don't bother with putting sites together relating adelaide - someone's done that already. and a brilliant site too www.adelaidebound.com

have fun spending lots of hours online ;)

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxuk137MKGB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...