Experience post nvq3

Guest lisa1973

Guest lisa1973

Hi, Can anyone help? I spoke to an agent to start the process, however everything was fine untill I told him ,my partner (plasterer) got his NVQ/ACA April 2010, he has been working for a plastering company since Nov 2008 , we have tax returns , pics etc.. . Now I had an E-Mail back saying we cant apply till April 2013, as All your experience has to be after your NVQ. We dont mind waiting as we really want to give it a go. Anyone who has any other optons for us , that would be great.

Thanks Lisa

Guest Rachael Reeve

We had the very same thing. My other half has been painting cars for 20 years, we wanted to move to OZ so he did his NVQ 3, But because he had not just left school and gone to collage and done 4 years in a body shop we hit a brick wall. We was told about path way E alot of paper work. We then spoke to an agent who is in Australia and he told us that the TRA would help to get an AFQ 3 which is what you need. Its not easy and it takes time but it can be done. good luck with it.

Guest lisa1973

Thanks for the reply, I have seen info about the afq 3 before, but thought his NVQ3 was the equal to it. I will E-Mail the agent and see if we can try that way, thanks once again.

Lisa :)

Guest dean berridge

Hi Lisa, the NVQ3 is an equilavent to the AQF3 but unfortunately they don't recognise that NVQ or City and Guilds etc, The TRA way is the easiest option as you need to send off a cv, work references and qualifications. They then look at these and assess whether you are qualified enough and then you have an interview on skype with a lecturer who can tell if you know what your doing. A bit nerve ranking but after the interview you left a bit dumb struck how simple it was:). If you are doing the visa process yourself Victoria University in Australia do the TRA. Hope this helps but as you might have noticed you can get a lot of advise off this site.<br><br>Dean

Guest lisa1973

Thankyou Dean, I am going to look into this and get all the paperwork etc.. together. Also, do you know if you need 4 years min work experience for the TRA? Some are saying yes and others are saying no !? Thanks once again, Lisa .

Guest dean berridge
Thankyou Dean, I am going to look into this and get all the paperwork etc.. together. Also, do you know if you need 4 years min work experience for the TRA? Some are saying yes and others are saying no !? Thanks once again, Lisa .

Hi Lisa, not 100% but I was told you only need to do 12 out of the last 24 months, to apply for visa?

Guest Rachael Reeve

The more you can show of your paper work the better. My other half had to show 4 jobs he had done ( spraying cars ) From strat to finish on paper. Then they went off to the TRA then he had an interview with them. They then passed it all over to OZ. He had 3 interviews over the inter net. You also need to get ref from people he has done jobs for or people he has worked for. It took 6 months in all to do this because they had never had a car sprayer do this before. Good luck with it.

Guest Rachael Reeve

Forgot to say the TRA was done in the UK. It cost 1,000 and because he had been doing the job for so long and run his own body shop the 4 years did not matter.