Guest karyn1

Counterpart driving license

Guest karyn1

I have stupidly shipped the counterpart paper version of my license in the container!!!! My card is still here, I was just wondering if that would be enough to transfer over to Australian licence?? Think I know the answer, but thought I'd check anyway :(:arghh:

Guest The Dimmocks

You dont need the paper bit, did you go shopping LOL xx

Guest karyn1

I called DVLA, who said they won't issue another paper one, unless it is lost along with the card, and they had no idea whether I would need the counterpart for Australia! :arghh:

I called DVLA, who said they won't issue another paper one, unless it is lost along with the card, and they had no idea whether I would need the counterpart for Australia! :arghh:

Got my australian licence last week. You just need the UK one, passport and Aussie address.

No paper section required.

Guest Pam777

when i went for my aussie license i just showed them my UK license (not the paper part cos i'd lost it) and it was fine. they never even asked for it and i got to keep my uk license oo even tho i had expected them to take it from me. so no you'll be fine without it I'm sure.

Guest karyn1

Thanks folks! I have ordered a new one, £20 down the drain LOL! Michelle I did go shopping....but didn't do what we discussed lol ;)

:skeptical:

when i went for my aussie license i just showed them my UK license (not the paper part cos i'd lost it) and it was fine. they never even asked for it and i got to keep my uk license oo even tho i had expected them to take it from me. so no you'll be fine without it I'm sure.

Do you just change it over or do you have to do a written test or something ? Also what do they charge you ? Cheers

Guest ben farrier

Not wishing to digress but would anyone be kind enough to tell me where do you go to get an Aussie driving licence ? I also have my motorbike licence on their does that just get transferred across as well. I realise my HGV does not. We are moving to the Adelaide hills so is there someone near their?

Guest Pam777

No you dont need to do any tests any more. just go to rego office and pay. the costs depend on how long you want the license for.

Guest The Dimmocks
    Not wishing to digress but would anyone be kind enough to tell me where do you go to get an Aussie driving licence ? I also have my motorbike licence on their does that just get transferred across as well. I realise my HGV does not. We are moving to the Adelaide hills so is there someone near their?

This website should help you find the answers to your questions. http://www.sa.gov.au/subject/Transport,%20travel%20and%20motoring/EzyReg

You just rock up, passport new address have a mug shot and away you go....to change your address you just go in with proof of new address and they put a sticker on the back with your new adress on.

You have to renew your licences over here depending on how long you buy a licence for at a time.

HG

No you dont need to do any tests any more. just go to rego office and pay. the costs depend on how long you want the license for.

Thanks,

We will be intending to stay permanently so I suppose that means it will be the highest charge ?

Lisa

Guest Pam777

oh and if anyone is on a temporary visa you dont need to get a aussie driving license. I used my UK one for over 2 years until i got my premanent visa.