apart8

NVQ3 in Health/Physiotherapy...HELP PLEASE

Hi All,

Dont know whether anyone can help me.

We have our Visa granted and gained this under my OH's profession but just wondered if I want to persue the same career as in the UK, Physiotherapy assistant and have already gained my NVQ 3 in this (Jan 11) will I need to go through SA to have this officially recognised or will my UK certificate be suffice to gain employment as we already have our visa granted.....Did that make sense?

Thanks

Allison

Alison, I think I may hazard a guess..Not many Uk qualifications stand on there own here, you will need to undertake some additional study,training.I would say nvq means very little here in regards to physiotherapy, I may wrong..Good luck don't get too frustrated things happen eventually

Hi Allison

Heres a link to a Allied Health Physiotherapist Assistant (AHPA) what they are called here, advert for a vacant position, download the job specs and personal specs will give you a good idea of what they look for here.

Im an OT myself here in SA :)

Hope this Helps

http://www.linkme.com.au/jobs/adelaide-adelaide-hills-sa/healthcare-medical-pharmaceutical/1f9a318aaae746fea4abf3fc8cb38e33-physiotherapy-assistant