Sign in to follow this  
Guest dean berridge

Retirement Visa

    Recommended Posts

    Guest dean berridge

    Hi All,


    I hope that there is someone who may have an answer for me? my mother-in-law is starting to go through the contributing parent visa and we are trying to find out; if she has investments over in the UK which are a 5 year investment type with penalties for withdrawing early. Is there a period of time that she is allowed to bring the money into the country (after moving to OZ) without being massively taxed on it?


    As my brother-in-law has a permanent residency and has been told he has 7 years to bring all his assets over before they are taxed by the Government.


    I have asked my agent who doesn't know and has put me onto a financial adviser but we don't want be tied down to a company yet just want the advise. They have spoken to me on the phone but they want to set a meeting up "no strings" and all that:(


    If anybody has any advise it would be appreciated.


    Many Thanks



    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    Sign in to follow this