Andrews farm?

Guest guest7049

Guest guest7049

Hi all the properties around Andrews farm and Angle vale seem reasonable priced do these areas have poor reputations or is the price just a reflection of how far from the beach they are? What would be the nearest beach from this area?

Anyone living up that way able to tell me what it's like regarding quality of schools, lifestyle etc?

Thanks Baz

Guest Peachie

Hi Baz

Its cheap cos its quite far north ( far may not be in Km but in traffic flow) from the city and have to drive thu some rough looking areas to get there if you looking there may as well go to Mawsons or elizabeth at least they have some shops and stuff

Guest Guest5035
Hi Baz

Its cheap cos its quite far north ( far may not be in Km but in traffic flow) from the city and have to drive thu some rough looking areas to get there if you looking there may as well go to Mawsons or elizabeth at least they have some shops and stuff

AF and AV are north of elizabeth and past Munno Para, each suburb is different, AF has lots of new build especially just down the road towards Main North road, the soon to be completed highway is to open. AV has mostly large blocks 1 acre upwards and is slightly further out than AF, from the city, AV would be 60 mins and AF around 50 mins. The shopping centre at Munno Parra is approx 6 minutes from AF.Can't tell you about schools, guees the nearest beach would be Semaphore, st kildas not really got a beach.

To say you have to drive through some rough looking areas is wrong, doesn't Grange have a rough spot or two??

stevo

Guest caoimhe

We are approx 10 mins from Andrews Farm and have some friends there, they love it. Cant comment on the public schools as their kids go to private schools. My O/H used to work in the city and it was at least an hour into work each day so you can add 10 mins to get there from Andrews Farm and 20 from Angle Vale. 'Lynsteve' is right about beachs, nearest is Semaphore and its about 40 mins from us. Angle Vale is what I would call 'in the country'. Its very near Gawler and the Barrossa. Both are very near great shopping centres but a lot will depend on where you work. As stated before my hubby used to work in the city and the journey really got to him after a while. Good luck with your decision

Guest Peachie
AF and AV are north of elizabeth and past Munno Para, each suburb is different, AF has lots of new build especially just down the road towards Main North road, the soon to be completed highway is to open. AV has mostly large blocks 1 acre upwards and is slightly further out than AF, from the city, AV would be 60 mins and AF around 50 mins. The shopping centre at Munno Parra is approx 6 minutes from AF.Can't tell you about schools, guees the nearest beach would be Semaphore, st kildas not really got a beach.

To say you have to drive through some rough looking areas is wrong, doesn't Grange have a rough spot or two??

stevo

When I went to andrews farm the drive seemed to take an age and salisbury downs was a shocker but from wynn vale you prob not go that way! and whats with the dig at Grange??? not aware of shocking streets in grange although would be nice if the council buried the butt ugly elecric poles

Guest Guest5035
and whats with the dig at Grange??? not aware of shocking streets in grange although would be nice if the council buried the butt ugly elecric poles

every area has its bad points

stevo

Hi all the properties around Andrews farm and Angle vale seem reasonable priced do these areas have poor reputations or is the price just a reflection of how far from the beach they are? What would be the nearest beach from this area?

Anyone living up that way able to tell me what it's like regarding quality of schools, lifestyle etc?

Thanks Baz

Prices don't necessarily reflect how close an area is to the beach - some of the most expensive suburbs aren't beachside - but to the CBD. There are some rough places up that way, but the reality is there are some rough places in any direction if you look hard enough! There are also some really nice places. Some nice new builds up AF way and some nice big blocks around AV, although it's very flat around there and some parts are prone to flooding so you'd want to choose carefully.

Jim

Guest Peachie

Thanks a good point Jim my house insurance dosen't cover flooding as isn't standard I thought it was inclued in my UK insurance but can't remember now

there are lots of wet land typr areas up that way but the builders may have had to account for the flooding risk to get planning well worth investigating but prob worth adding the flood cause to insurance too

Guest cornish Busdriver

I was out that way today driving buses and to be honest Andrews farm and Angle Vale or any where out that way has got a bad rep in work BUT driving out that way myself i dont see it, ive meet some bloody fantastic people out there and there is a lot of regeneration which seems to be having a positive effect on the area and its really picking it self up.

Some of the so called much sort after area's nearer the CBD i wouldnt touch with a barge pole.

I was out that way today driving buses and to be honest Andrews farm and Angle Vale or any where out that way has got a bad rep in work BUT driving out that way myself i dont see it, ive meet some bloody fantastic people out there and there is a lot of regeneration which seems to be having a positive effect on the area and its really picking it self up.

Some of the so called much sort after area's nearer the CBD i wouldnt touch with a barge pole.

Nice to see a sensible reply! We lived in AF for a year when we arrived, no problems for us, and as mentioned above people we met were great.