Guest ben farrier

shipping options

Guest ben farrier

Just wondered what the alternatives were to having a container. We are keeping our house in Uk and only have pictures and small items like lots of clothes ! I also want to bring a few tools for my job ( Farrier ) that would fit into a a small tool box. What is the best way to send boxes ect. Any thoughts would be great.

Many Thanks

Just wondered what the alternatives were to having a container. We are keeping our house in Uk and only have pictures and small items like lots of clothes ! I also want to bring a few tools for my job ( Farrier ) that would fit into a a small tool box. What is the best way to send boxes ect. Any thoughts would be great.

There are a few companies that I know of in the UK that would maybe suit your needs, seven seas is one which i believe are all over the uk, the other being voovit & theres always the likes of Pickfords who would give you a quote, But if your not aware the restrictions on importing the likes of tools that have been in contact with animals or even a farmyard enviroment they (Quarantine ) will be wanting all tools squeaky clean with no traces of dirt or they will charge you large amounts of $ for the services of steam cleaning your shipment. Best of luck.

Guest ben farrier

Thanks very much , all of tools will be new so should save on cleaning!!

Many Thanks

We are also renting our house out and only taking boxes and bikes and are using a company called 1st Move International. Their web address is http://www.shipit.co.uk

What's nice about them is that you can pack all your own boxes, they will come collect and "shrink wrap" everything into a cube so that you only pay for the space you'll be using. Transit time is only 39 days and no deposit needed. They also have a video on their site to show you how they do it. We've used shipping companies before and this is definitely the best one so far.

Hi, we are not taking over furniture and got a quote for 10 large tea crates and 3 bicycle boxes (not for bikes but TVs and pictures ect from Simpsons removals and door to door it has cost just over £600.

Guest MathewGiffen

Safely ship, move or store your valuables with moving boxes and storage ...Moving Boxes are the good tools to store and move your goods during shipping. Surely it is the best option.

We are also renting our house out and only taking boxes and bikes and are using a company called 1st Move International. Their web address is www.shipit.co.uk

What's nice about them is that you can pack all your own boxes, they will come collect and "shrink wrap" everything into a cube so that you only pay for the space you'll be using. Transit time is only 39 days and no deposit needed. They also have a video on their site to show you how they do it. We've used shipping companies before and this is definitely the best one so far.

Hi, sorry to jump onto this thread but I see that you used 1st Move International and just wondered how you found their service? we are moving out in December and just deciding on who to use. They actually quoted the best price but nobody seems to have heard of them so would be great to hear what you thought. Thank you in advance for any advice. Hope you are enjoying your new life in oz. Nicki

Guest Lucky

Hi there. Just wondering what your experience of http://www.shipit.co.uk was? Hope you don't mind us asking...guess you have used them by now? We are over in the UK for a visit and seem to be buying lots to take back...wondered whether this was a better option than going for excess baggage?

Cheers.