Sign in to follow this  
Guest edenfieldpoms

tiling licence

Guest edenfieldpoms

Hi,

My OH is a self employed tiler with no formal qualifications, does he need to get a licence to work? How does he go about getting this and does he need any nvq's to get the licence?

thanks in advance

april

Guest DanandJanna

Not sure about tiling although I think officially you need a licence to be self employed in any trade. I know for painting and decorating the licence process involves statements from past employers, customers etc that vouch for your work etc, the nvq's probably wouldn't come into it but again I'd check. Try the Master Builders of SA on South Terrace for info and the Government Consumer and Business Services website. I think the whole thing can take a while, in the meantime I'd just crack on as hardly anyone really asks anyway, just make sure he's covered for public liability.

Guest edenfieldpoms

thanks for that info, I will look st them and see if there is any info for me

thanks

He can work for someone without a licence but if he goes self employed he needs a licence to work.He would need to do a course to apply for his licence and show some kind of proof he is able to carry work out. He will be taken in for an interview where they will ask him how he would go about doing diffrent types of work from how to screed to falls,, waterproofing,caulking, regs etc.

Guest edenfieldpoms
    He can work for someone without a licence but if he goes self employed he needs a licence to work.He would need to do a course to apply for his licence and show some kind of proof he is able to carry work out. He will be taken in for an interview where they will ask him how he would go about doing diffrent types of work from how to screed to falls,, waterproofing,caulking, regs etc.

Thanks for that, he has been looking at courses at tafe for screeding etc

Ta april