ajford

Airport to Aldinga

Hi all,

when we arrive in adelaide we will have 5 cases and rucksack and so on. Just wondered if there is a taxi service anyone can recommend from the Airport to Aldinga as we don't want to have to lease a really big car unless forced to, we only need a mid size for us to travel around in.

thanks

lisa

Surely it'd work out cheaper to hire a bigger car for the day lol. A taxi from the airport to Aldinga is going to be about $100 I'd imagine. It's a fair way, about an hour depending on traffic.

You have private message,

Rob and Mel

Hi Rob & Mel, sorry was the message for me? if so no message received

Good luck hope all goes to plan.

You will have to let me know what its like we are counting down daily.

All the best .

trev Vicki and Lauren.

Hi Rob & Mel, sorry was the message for me? if so no message received

Sorry sent to wrong member...

Must check things in future before sending...sorry Leigh please feel free to pass the PM

Rob and Mel

We used a taxi company in Adelaide when we arrived back from a holiday to the uk.

WE had 5 very large Holdalls, a car seat and a buggy. ( as well as 3 kids)

We got a minibus and it wasnt much more expensive than a taxi. Cant remember the name of the company but their number is 08 8212 1861.

We phoned them when we landed in Sydney to book it and just gave them a call when we had all our luggage in Adelaide & they we waiting outside.

Its alot easier having a taxi when you arrive in a new country , rather than muck about sorting out a hire car and directions when you have just got off a very long flight!!

(they gave us a fixed price on the phone too, so no nasty surprises at the other end. )

Sarah

We used a taxi company in Adelaide when we arrived back from a holiday to the uk.

WE had 5 very large Holdalls, a car seat and a buggy. ( as well as 3 kids)

We got a minibus and it wasnt much more expensive than a taxi. Cant remember the name of the company but their number is 08 8212 1861.

We phoned them when we landed in Sydney to book it and just gave them a call when we had all our luggage in Adelaide & they we waiting outside.

Its alot easier having a taxi when you arrive in a new country , rather than muck about sorting out a hire car and directions when you have just got off a very long flight!!

(they gave us a fixed price on the phone too, so no nasty surprises at the other end. )

Sarah

Hiya

Just wanted to share my experience from a few years ago.

Adelaide airport is lovely small well designed and easy to access. The car hire places are just outside the terminal.

We booked a hire car prior to arrival which was ready for us. We planned a route via Multimap and printed it off.

You will need a car anyway until you buy one. So to avoid stress with all that luggague and children too I would hire a suitable car and get a deal for a week. Until you sleep off and get your feet.

next on the shopping list for us was a Sat Nav, I would recommend getting one on your first shopping trip, again its solves all your "where am I " issues !!

The one we got speaks the road names too, so this helped us to learn the area quicker.

perhaps you could be really organised and buy one before you get here perhaps off ebay ? with australian maps on and you will be ready to go when you collect you hire car.

Once you leave the airport if you take the coastal road, whilst there are many roundabouts this is the best route and you just keep going, it takes you all the way to Aldinga and gives you many pleasant views of the ocean along the way. It avoids the city.

Good Luck and best wishes :biggrin:

The main issue you have with hiring a car at the airport is you have to drop it back off at the airport when you have finished with it, bit of hassle if your down aldinga way.

Have sent you a PM

HG

We arrived last week and so far so good. We are down in Christies beach renting one of the homes from Tamara (who comes on here) they offer a great service picking you up from the airport. I know this doesnt help you but i would either hire a 1 day car from the Airport (pain in the rear to return and get back down south) or taxi then rent from a local place. You might be able to hire from the airport, then return it to the city location to change to a smaller car. Look on quidco or other voucher websites, you might find a free upgrade deal or something similar, we had 20% off our two week rental.

We decided to hire from Europcar paying up front to save all the hastle and issues, then the afternoon we arrived we jumped on the train (well half of the journey was bus as the train line was closed, but its open now) and went into the city with europcar being right opposite the train station (there is another large hire place next door but i cannot remember their name) plus when we return the car i can jump back on the train to return home.

Best of luck with your plans, when you get here, you will wonder why you didnt do it years ago, so far we are loving it and loving how helpful and friendly everyone has been to us. Bought a car today, even they were a great help advising us on the trips, pitfalls, hurdles and hidden state costs. We found South Road (A13) the best place to look with so much choice.

You may also find dependant on where you buy a car they will lend you one as soon as you have signed on the dotted line so may be able to take your rental car back early. If you are in staying in Aldinga and choose to get a taxi down here (may be pricey) but Mick at M & D Autocare which is in Aldinga hire out cars for new arrivals that are reasonably priced.

Lindsey