Guest guest7049

Why should I choose Adelaide?

Guest guest7049

We're in a dilemma the wife sits her IELTS next week and depending on her results depends on whether we apply for a 175 visa or need to go for a state sponsored 176.

The need to choose a state is what is causing a lot of thought in our household; originally we were pretty much set on Perth as it seemed to tick all the right boxes. However we are now at a point where we think Adelaide can offer us what we want also, we have even given some thought to Tasmania.

We are a family of 5 we're late 30's kids are 5, 2 and 9 months. I work in IT support and the wife is a mental health nurse. Job prospects for both of us are very good in Perth, job prospects in Adelaide seem reasonably good for my wife and ok for me. Job prospects in Tas seem ok for the wife and not so good for me (I’d probably have to do something else).

One of the things that is bothering me about Perth is the crime rate I don’t know whether it’s the way it’s reported but there does seem to be more crime in Perth, a bit less in Adelaide less still in Tas.

Sell Adelaide to me why should we pick it over Perth?

Adelaide is not on the ocean therefore the chance of being eaten by a shark is less :D. The gulf it sits on protects it from really rough weather. Seriously though...there are a lot of similarities between Perth and Adelaide. Adelaide is slightly more cosmopolitan, having a more noticable ethnic mix. They are both easy to get around. Adelaide is hotter and drier and has a much better airport. Trips to Asia are cheaper from Perth.

Guest shella_n

I've heard property in Perth is mega expensive - main reason why we scrubbed it off our list.

Same as above. Not much to chose between the 2 but Perth is out on its own and property is much more expensive.