SOOO Fed Up At Being Let Down!!!!

Guest teresa lynch

Guest teresa lynch

Sorry Just neesd to have a moan and also find out if any of you guys are having the same sort of problems?

We have been on the market for 2.5 weeks and had 7 viewings booked in, great you might think but so far only one has turned up with a possibility of a second on Friday. I have had enough of getting the house looking imaculate (not an easy task with 3 children, and working) only to find out that no-one is coming after all!! I just feel like "is this ever going to happen? Will we ever sell?" I thought the hard bit was getting the visa but I think I am becomming even more stressed over the whole selling the house thing.:arghh:

Guest shella_n

It's so hard isn't it! I think there are lots of people on here with the same problem. We r the opposite - we have just exchanged but no PR yet. Good luck to you. Feel free to vent anytime!Michelle

Guest teresa lynch

Thanks Michelle

It's so hard when the only thing stopping us moving is selling the house as most of our money is tied up in it. Unfortunately we only have enough money in the kitty to go over to validate visa's otherwise I'd be off like a shot and put selling the house soley in the Agents hands while we busied ourselves with settling in.

Good luck with the visa. As soon as you have a C/O (which should be very soon) its only a case of police checks and medicals we were granted visas just 2 wks after completing the medicals.

Best get back to work before Im caught doing naughty stuff in woork time!

Teresa x

Does your agent at least book all the people at the same time to come and view rather than separately? That might cut down on some of the preparation you have to do. Over here if there isn't a general open inspection advertised then the agent will normally try to round up a few people for a particular day-time. That might help also if other people seeing that there is some competition. Sorry might be my own ignorance but that's what has happened with me on a few occasions over here in Adelaide.

Guest teresa lynch

Hi Kris

My agent will do an open day but says that at the moment the climate isn't right and it could have a negative affect if only a couple of people turn up (not sure how as at least it'd be two more through the door!) Unfortunately we are at the beck and call of the buyers and although I don't have to be at home as my agent does assisted viewings I still have to keep my place in pretty mush show home condition just in case someone keeps their appointment.

Teresa

Our house has been on the market four weeks and as you say it has to be kept spotlless and with three teenagers it's a constant nag - even just to have the beds made every day ! We had one viewing booked in all this time and the night before at 8p.m my husband was out mowing the lawn ( which is another issue due to all this crap weather) and cleaning the windows and I rushed back form work to give the bathroom a fresh clean, put family off from visiting only to be let down by the prospective buyers. I keep telling myself it's early days but it's the biggest worry of all getting the house sold - even starting to think of reducing the price to get some interest even though we aren't emigrating til next July !

Lisa

Guest Kat+Rocco

We are inexactly the same position our house has been on the market for 10 weeks now only had 2 viewings......we are applying for 457 visa next month when my AHPRA registration is through...hospital want me to start work sept/oct and we can't go anywhere until we sell the house!!!It's so frustrating and stressful and I can't believe it's taking so long we have the house on for a ridiculously low asking price :0(

Hi

This is a good place to vent!!!

Our house has been on the market since Jan and although we have tenants in it we want to sell it. We have had no interest and our agents are not confidence.

I quote from their last communication

"We, like all the Ripon Agencies, have suffered a drought of potential buyers over the past Quarter, mortgages in the UK continue to be difficult to arrange, expensive and demanding of high deposits.

Whilst the South of England and the London area are reporting signs of a slight increase in sale prices being achieved, that is not the case further North, so an attempt to sell in 12 months may achieve a considerably better price than could be achieved at the present time."

This does not help me settle here although at least I am here in Adelaide....

Good Luck with the house sale it will happen for everyone when the time is right...

Guest shella_n

Teresa - I think opens are a great way to go. If you are worried not many people will turn up arrange fir your friends and family to pose as potential buyers. Arrange the open fir in at least 2 weeks time to give people plenty of time to see the advert. When u do the open try all the old tricks of coffee pot on the stove and cake in the oven.We sold our house quickly by offering to help out with the stamp duty - so you might want to consider that if your price is over £250k. We also offered to leave all fixtures - dishwasher, tumble dryer, curtains,blinds, lamps, Wendy house etc etc - all those little things helped entice our first time buyers!Youcould also consider boxing up and storing (in the shed or garage) some kids toys and general clutter that you don't use every day - it can make the house look bigger & tidied and will save u tidying up as many toys etc each time you have a viewing.Just a few suggestions - I hope they help. Fingers crossed for you.What about renting for a while? That's what we did fir a year ( although for different reasons) I think that's what quite a few people are doing who can't sell. Happy tohelp with any questions on the renting process if you do want to consider it.Good luck.Michelle

Guest teresa lynch

Thanks for all your help and advice guys. Michelle I think I may take your advice and push for an open day I think it's gotta be the way to play things.

At the moment all hopes are pinned on the viewing booked for Friday, my agent has said this guy is desparate to buy somewhere as he has just been let down by vendors who have pulled out at the last minute because they can't afford to sell. I know i'm probably setting my self up for a fall but I've got to have some hope that we will one day arrive in Oz.

I would happily consider renting if it were a viable option for us but unfortunately we don't have enough cash in the bank to ship our stuff and buy 5 flight tickets. Hey maybe I should ship the children with our stuff that'd def save some money lol!!

Teresa

Guest natalie82

I was in the same position, My house would be sparkling and then I'd be let down with the viewing and my children are 8, 3, 10 months!! Then the buyers that did show would put ridiculous offers in 40k less in one case... We're moving out in Oct as my husband has secured a good job, we've had to rent the house out and scrape together every penny we can find and hope for the best. Hope your house sells soon fingers crossed for u....xx