Guest Jane & Tony

Renting Question?

Guest Jane & Tony

Hi All

I have a question about renting.

EG: $300 per week $1860 Bond

Is it just the bond that is payed up front and does that include the first months rent?

I'm just trying to figure out what the initial outgongs are for renting a house and if anyone can help it will be much appreciated.

House in UK has just gone back on the market and we are getting a lot of interest so after waiting for 3 years it looks like we should be over before Christmas, fingers crossed.

Thanks in advance

Jane

Sorry to say that the Bond is in addition to the first one or two weeks rent. The Bond is lodged with the government as security, and will only be returned to you in full if you leave the rental absolutely perfect. I put a towel rail up on a kitchen unit once, and the Landlord charged me A$100 from my bond. Initially he wanted A$300 and I had to negotiate it down. Also get permission before putting pictures etc, as this could also cost you money. Hope this helps

Yes,and take loads of photos of everything you see that's even got a slight mark on it,and dont tick the condition list of each area/item unless they are in good order,write a comment alongside if they are not.They are often very,very anal over here and keen to have as much of your money as they can get.

Guest Jane & Tony

Thankyou both for the replies. Luckily my OH is a builder so he will be able to sort most probs out and there are only us two adults to make a mess so we should be ok. It has given me an idea of costs though, cheers.

Guest Jane & Tony

Hayshake, just wondered why you are back?????

If the rent is <$250 per week the bond will be 4x weekly rent + 2 weeks rent upfront.

If the rent is >$250 per week the bond will be 6x weekly rent + 2 weeks rent upfront.

All rental info for both landlords and tenants is on http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/tenancies/index.html

I've rented on and off for 11 years now in Adelaide and never had any problems with landlords, bonds, getting things fixed etc. The landlord and managing agent we have now are superb ....... Professionals in Blackwood.