Guest theclarkes

Land in Reynella

Guest theclarkes

Is there anyone on here who is buying land on the new estate in reynella?? (nottage Rise?)

Guest Opportunities

Any more info? We were looking at Reynella to settle once we arrived.

Karen

Guest guest569

we looked about 10 months ago. Is there still lots for sale ?

Guest The Dimmocks

Is that the land pretty close to the express way? We looked at it but didnt take it further than that

Guest guest569

yes on the left going south. i haven't seen any houses start yet. On the right is Trott park and we were offered the the last block. Its almost finished now

Guest theclarkes

We have put deposits down on some there, bit scary and not sure if we are doing the right thing. Theres still a few smaller plots left but all the big decent ones have gone. No turning back now, jut hope it all works out to be worth it rather than buying established. :)

Guest guest569

my worry would be if they hit rock when digging slabs there. I saw they hit rock when digging the big retaining wall you can see from the expressway. I suppose which builder you are using will help. Some will wear the wxtra cost unlike Hickinbothams, they can add massive extra charges and leave you skint at the end so you can't do the finishing touches like driveways and pergolas.

my worry would be if they hit rock when digging slabs there. I saw they hit rock when digging the big retaining wall you can see from the expressway. I suppose which builder you are using will help. Some will wear the wxtra cost unlike hickinbothams, they can add massive extra charges and leave you skint at the end so you can't do the finishing touches like driveways and pergolas.

yep!............... As we found out

Guest theclarkes
    very close to the expressway.may be noisey when sat outside in summer
    o Our plot is the far side and we couldnt hear the traffc at all, it overlooks a reserve so no neighbours at the back which is good. Previous comment about hitting rock makes me nervous and we are with Hickinbotham!!!!

We looked at this land but with the express way being duplicated in the near future put us off a bit.

Guest guest569

the expressway really wasn't an issue with us. We wanted to build asap and the land wasn't released only asking for expressing an interest at the time we were looking.Built in Seaford Rise in the end.

Guest theclarkes

I dont think we will really hear the expressway but a bit of road noise is fine with us, in the uk we always lived near major roads. We need a 5 bed house and this is the only way we could afford it so couldnt be too choosy.:biggrin: