Sign in to follow this  
Guest Linds & Greg

Newbie to the site...

Guest Linds & Greg

Hi All,

Just wanted to say ‘HI’ to everyone, and introduce ourselves.

I am Lindsay and my other half is Greg and we started the VISA process in 2009 however, all went stale for a very long time...then thankfully we were approached in February this year about South Australia in need of Paramedics and things heated up again...YAY!!!! :biggrin:

We have currently had everything accepted as of yesterday and have had an update today that the visa should be granted within the next 2 weeks...so excited and massive trepidation now.

We are currently planning on moving out next May, fingers crossed with jobs.... but still going through that process currently. So unsure where we are going to live, (any tips greatly appreciated). I am from Glasgow and the other half Lincolnshire but we live in Leicestershire so not sure where we would be best suited too.

I have read lots of people’s threads and everyone sounds so friendly and helpful, great community spirit.

This might sound silly but are there many young couples immigrating to SA, as I notice a lot of families with children taking the plunge and just curious???

Lindsay

Guest orlaandjoe

Hi linds welcome to the site!everyone on here is lovely and helpful..it's a gold mine of information!I'm waiting for my skills assessment to come back at the min..should only take ten weeks but it's gone 24 weeks now!but as soon as we get this back we are hoping the rest of the visa process speeds along!I'm going over with my partner and our little boy,who is six..he's very excited at the idea of moving!we have never been before but just taking the plunge and going for it!best of luck with your visa it's so exciting for you knowing it's so close!let me know how it goes..Orla :)

Guest richardsons

Hello Lindsay

Congratulations on your visa!

We are new too and having seen your post it all sounds familiar! We started the process in July 2009, got as far as sponsorship accepted early 2010 and were then put on hold waiting for 1st July 2011 to come and bring news about the occupation list... We have had to apply for state sponsorship again, (just glad the occupation hadn't come off!) just this week and reading everyone's post are getting a bit excited as to how potentially quickly (all being well) the visas have been granted! We started the process as just a couple but now have a new addition. We live in Nottingham - looking forward to a change- doing new things and meeting new people. Currently enjoying reading all the different posts... - out loud to husband watching his friday night TV! Good luck with everything x

Guest Linds & Greg

Hi Orla, thanks for saying 'HI' this forum is def a fountain of knowledge and I am loving reading people's comments. I will cross my fingers for you and hope things speed up soon for.

Hi Richardsons, I def think alot of people are in the same boat as us but never realise until you come onto a forum like this one. I think things at the moment seem to be moving very quickly, they have for us. We are hoping the paperwork will come through next week then we will get the house on the market. I have to say I like your comment about sitting reading things out to your other half while watching TV as I keep doing exactly that and love that someone else is doing the same too. :biggrin:Nottingham is only up the road from us so here's to moving from the midlands!!!

What kind of occupation do you and your other half do, will it be easy to get a job in SA?

Linds x

Guest richardsons

Hi Linds!

David is a landscape Gardener and I (Natalia ) am an interior decorator! (they say opposites attract!) I hope we can find a job easily - we both have business experience as we used to work for the Boots head office (as so many other people in Nottingham!) so have that to fall back on, otherwise I think we will try anything!

Let us know when your visa comes through and how everything goes with the house etc...must feel so fantastic that things are moving, (no pun intended!) very exciting! x