Sign in to follow this  
Guest Harriet

New-ish to Adelaide

Guest Harriet

Hi there,

I moved to Adelaide in March and have been finding it pretty difficult to meet people so far... I'm 23 and originally from Scotland - found myself here after travelling around the world post-uni and luckily landed a great grad job! I was just wondering if there's anyone out there around my age who fancies catching up for a cuppa?

Guest MaxandDebs

Hi harriet, im 22 and will be emigrating to adelaide wiv fam. be good to get to know ppl before i come over!! How do you find adelaide?night life? i was looking for reassurance that im doing the right thing emigrating as i know i will find it hard leaving everybody behind as u will have.

Paige

Guest Harriet

Hey Paige!

It's taken a bit of getting used to if I'm honest - I lived in city centre glasgow for 5 years so it's definitely much quieter than that!! There are some decent bars and clubs once you get to know the areas... and it depends what kind of music you're into etc.

Emigrating is definitely the best thing to do! I miss my friends and family back in the uk but the lifestyle out here is so much better, it's hard not to love aus!!!

Guest MaxandDebs

Hey, thanks for getting back to me, were abouts do you live at the moment? Do you have facebook?

Paige

Guest YorkieJAG

Hi Harriet, just looking through the system and saw your message....Have you settled in a bit better now and met more friends? Iam new to Adelaide (Glenelg) and I havent met any1 yet! I dont have a job! Iam quite a bit older than you tho....hope things have improved...c ya Julie

Guest RAWDON

Hi Harriet Im Richard, 25 and would love to catch up sometime, I live near glenelg if you wanna go down there sometime or in the city anywhere thats comfortable for you, seeya.

Guest Jo1854
    Hi Harriet, just looking through the system and saw your message....Have you settled in a bit better now and met more friends? Iam new to Adelaide (Glenelg) and I havent met any1 yet! I dont have a job! Iam quite a bit older than you tho....hope things have improved...c ya Julie

Hi Julie

I am in the same positon as you I am in Glenelg and not started work, I have met a few people one from this site who has been a great help, I am older as well, if you want to meet up coffee or something let me know,. Jo

Would be great to catch up with somebody else from scotland, I alsi have met quite a few people since bein here so wouldnt mind introducing u to more people ur own age :) where u from? im at the bay... do u have facebook?

x

Guest Jodie89

Hi Harriet, how are you finding Oz? :)

I'm pretty close to Glenelg and know Lisa (^ above ^) maybe we could all meet up for drinks one weekend? x