Guest r.vaughanjones@btinternet

Asbestos and too numerous other shorcomings

Guest r.vaughanjones@btinternet

Can any one help

We are renting a house, moved in three weeks ago, my wife found it in a rush as we are straight of the boat. Toilet blocks, no electricity or light in main bedroom, no heating in one half, leaking roof and windows and a garage door we have never been able to get into its electric without a remote. There are numerous other problems but life is too short. My real worry is its almost half asbestos broken in parts. The landlord has said he will deal with many problems but we have been here 3 weeks and my patience is frazzled. I have photographed and video'd every thing.

What do we do naively yours Richard

Guest Guest5035
    Can any one help

What do we do naively yours Richard

RUN !!

stevo

The main thing that is more immediate to worry about is the asbestos. It's really hard to identify asbestos but if you are sure it is asbestos then contact the Department of Health or your Local Council. Even if you are not sure then contact them for your own peace of mind. Asbestos if it is damaged is a serious health issue and you don't want to muck about. If it were me and it was confirmed as damaged asbestos I would move out straight away. If your landlord does attempt to repair it - it has to be done in a certain way to cause minimal disruption to it. I don't think anyone (legally anyway) would expect you to live in a place that would threaten your health.

Guest Guest5035

just get out, why hang around? The asbestos fibres will kill you in a few years,the electrics sound dodgy and the loo is blocked and is liable to sink you in sh#t and the roof sounds like its ready for collapsing. Any more reasons?

stevo

Just get the hell out of there.

Lots of houses have asbestos and it's safe if sealed and you don't cause dust (drilling). Exposed asbestos is another story though. Maybe give the Office of consumer and business afairs a call. They will give you loads of help. I called them about an issue myself and was real impressed.

In the meantime...move!!!

Chis

Just move out it's not worth it... I am sure that the landlord has the best of intentions to sort out but really find somewhere else and move if you can.