School uniform

Guest leemina

Guest leemina

Hi

Just wondered what sort of footwear the kids in oz wear for school, are they allowed to wear trainers or is it mainly black shoes (like in the Uk)?? We're due over in August and eldest has totally wrecked his shoes so was thinking would it be easier and possibly cheaper to buy them now in UK as offers are available before we come (gonna get slightly bigger too). What d'ya think? I've binned both boys old uniforms as they were getting too short for them anyway and otherwise totally wrecked.

Thanks

Guest shella_n

It depends on the school they enrol in. My daughter wears trainers but some schools ( especially the private & faith schools ) are really strict about colour of shoes - my friends kids have to wear brown shoes and technically my daughter should be wearing blue shoes.

Guest The Dimmocks

My daugthers school uniform list states, black shoes, black trainers or white trainers. I got her black shoes for her first term. First day we go and see most the kids have trainers of all colours on. She wore her shoes for first term and then I got her some white trainers, they have a little pink trim on. She is in a state school.

In state primary schools, most kids will wear trainers. This is seen as acceptable as they need footwear that they can do sport and PE in. They don't change for these lessons. In summer younger kids might wear sandals but they have to be sturdy, so no strappy sort for girls and no heels. In Private schools, it is usually as prescribed by the schools, most have black lace up shoes on the uniform list, these usually have a more formal uniform with trousers and skirts and shirts etc. Some of the smaller Catholic primary privates are now less formal. So if you are going to go state primary option, bin the school shoes and buy trainers.

Guest bishop3912

Hi my kids are in state school and they can wear either black shoes or trainers. Most of the kids wear trainers. If its warm the kids can wear sandals as long as they are sturdy. Most kids wear trainers though. Regards, Bishop3912

If I were you, I would buy a few decent pairs of clarks shoes to last a few sizes .

If you get the black trainer type they should be ok, but if not , there would probably be someone on here that would buy them from you!!

My kids wear trainers as their school isn't strict but it really depends on the school.

Guest Peachie

Yougest in a catholic primary (modern one) uniform is a sports type kit kids are expected to wear plain black or white trainers but they all wear branded stuff like nike etc (one boy has bright orange trainers ) no one seems to mind as long as they are study and fit for PE

Daughter is at state high school and majority of kids compliant with black lace ups although thay hate them some of the older kids wear slip ons and flat court shoes (daughter says they get away with it as pasrents on a school card and can't aford new shoes) I got clarks from davey jones prices not far of Uk prices but can get cheaper lace ups in target k mart etc so prob best to wait till you get here to see what they need as dependant on the school you end up with I prob wouldn't bother buying them for smart (unles your expecting to attend a wedding) as smart here means nearly clean trainers instead of thongs lol

Argh, trainers, the bane of my shoe shopping :|

I really don't like them on my son's feet all day. I actually resisted buying him a pair at all till this summer (he is 3 now). And then I only caved as he plays cricket, kicks a ball, runs round lots at the sports field and so on. When we go out to the shops, playgroups and stuff he has a pair of shoes.

I don't like trainers as school shoes (they really do cause feet to sweat more than shoes also in heat) and always try to find a decent tough shoe for day to day wear.

Guest Peachie

they are the bane of my life to but for different reasons as my son is hard on shoes have yet to find a pair that last more than 8 weeks Now he has a broken foot which has only slowed him down a little as now he is only trashing the left foot