Guest pixie7

Cost of initial set up

Guest pixie7

So anyone just arrived or researched a bit, what did/do you think will be the initial set up cost?

I'm looking at flights (2 adults) £700 ish x2

insurance?

cheap holiday rental for a few weeks when we arrive (2 weeks enough?) What is/does everyone do caravan/cabins or holiday apartments?

not sure if we will need car rental?

Obviously food and living money.

Then 6 months rental, bond up front and 2 months up front is this right?

Any ideas of prices?

Any help grateful accepted. Just starting to think about the amount of money we need for the first month or 2 until (hopefully) the aussie dollars start being earnt!

Also how hard is it to find work before you go out? OH is in IT (systems/network admin) we'd love for him to already have a job to go to but is this realistic?

Thanks

Hey.....

When we came we paid $150 a week for a bedsit in Marino..... All bills included. Can tell you details if u want! We initially booked for 3 months but only stayed 2! When we got a long term rental we paid 2 weeks up front and a bond equal to 6 weeks.... It changes depending on how much the rent is!!

We bought a 2nd car for $4000 and still have it. Cost of living is similar to UK... Some cost more some cost less etc!!

Dan

Guest pixie7

Thanks for that Dan, $150 a week sounds great! Would appreciate it if you could PM the details please?

Thanks for the info I'm trying to get my head round the prices when we get there.

Helen

bond is generally equivalent to 6weeks rent, they usually ask for two weeks rent upfront, with rent paid fortnightly. Obviously if you've got more upfront that may help secure you a place if you don't have a job yet.

Will PM you the details when I get home! The rent my have gone up now as that was 4 years ago but was a great little place.... On the train line to city too. It was a great place and cheaper than the ones that I spoke to on here!!!