soo_the_panda

Fantastic Adelaide restaurants!

Hi all, I've been to a few great restaurants lately so thought I'd share the recommendations with any other foodies! Let me know your feedback if you try any, or I'd love to hear any other great finds! Cheers.

- Mantra on King William Road, Unley. Sensational food, slightly higher prices than average but well worth it. Great service, great wine list. Highly recommend - duck was exquisite (and it's in the entertainment book!)

- At the opposite end of the spectrum - Bing's in China Town (east side next door to Dumpling King). This place used to be called Ken's Northern Chinese Cuisine (or similar) and some signage still says this. Anyway - VERY cheap and cheerful - a bit food-courty. Food however is great. Amazing dumplings and roast duck pancakes... plus it's licensed!

- Bridgewater Mill in Bridgewater (Adelaide Hills) - really special fine dining. Not cheap but well worth it for a special occasion.

- Wasai - fabulous sushi/Japanese place just off Gouger Street (south side, think it's called Field St). The $30 sushi boat is fantastic value.

- Bay Bar Dos - tapas place in Glenelg - one of the few places with ocean views. It's in the town hall building (just off Mosely Square). Looks a bit tacky outside but food is great. The prawn pizza is a must!

Thanks for sharing not been to those few, the places at Bridgewater looks great but sadly no special occasion coming up :sad: