MeJulie

Anyone looking to take on an Apprentice Electrician?

We have been here a month now, living in Seaford Meadows, thought I would post on here hoping that there might be someone who is looking, or know of someone who may be looking, at taking on an apprentice. My son is 18 years old and is keen to start work, he can drive and has his SA driving licence. Any leads/contacts would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Julie

there is a member on here called TooEasy drop him a PM he may well be able to offer you some fone numbers of various companies, i know he has helped out alot of other guys in the past.

HG

Hi! Take a look at PEER on Port Road, Albert park. They are a training organization who basically hire out apprentices to local firms to get their on-site work experience. TAFE may also be another option.

Has he got any quallifications from the UK or is he starting fresh?? If starting fresh I would recommend he gets properly quallified through a training organization, rather than just working for a company as a trades assistant.

Good luck,

Jon

Guest katsmajic

depends on what he wants to do - bakers delight were advertising recently.

Hi! Take a look at PEER on Port Road, Albert park. They are a training organization who basically hire out apprentices to local firms to get their on-site work experience. TAFE may also be another option.

Has he got any quallifications from the UK or is he starting fresh?? If starting fresh I would recommend he gets properly quallified through a training organization, rather than just working for a company as a trades assistant.

Good luck,

Jon

He doesnt have any UK trades qualifications, he just finished his further education in UK, thanks for info I will check them out.

Guest bosco

hi is 100% electrical he wants to learn? just i will be arriving end oct11 and will be looking at starting an apprentice with my son and myself at solid plastering. I will be moving to seaford area. Hoping he gets what hes after.

hi is 100% electrical he wants to learn? just i will be arriving end oct11 and will be looking at starting an apprentice with my son and myself at solid plastering. I will be moving to seaford area. Hoping he gets what hes after.

Yeah defo electrical (for now anyway, that might change if he cant find anything), good luck with your move, where abouts are you moving from?

Julie

Guest bosco

we r moving from co armagh n ireland, son and i going first to get started up in buisiness and wife other son and daughter to follow over in a few months. Would all have come together if house had sold but gonna rent it out for a few years and just rent ourselves.