Have to work when get to Adelaide?

Guest LynseyB

Guest LynseyB

Hi,

I am hoping to apply for SS for South Australia with myself as the primary applicant. Also coming would be my husband and two children.

I am the primary applicant as it is much cheaper and simpler for me to have my skills assessed (accountant) than it is for my husband (electrician). However, in order to get the children settled I was hoping not to work for the first 6-12 months and my husband would hopefully get a job.

My question is if the state sponsors us with me as the main applicant would I be obliged to work or can my husband work instead?

Thank you.

Hi

As said OH will need to get extra quals to be a sparkie in SA. But neither of you have to work in your given occupations or at all, you can even set up your own business if you prefer. The 176 has no restrictions except that you live and work in SA for 2 years. Seems a bit daft that they don't have any requirements on occupations given this is a shortage list but there you are!

So in answer to your question, your OH could work and you stay at home.

Guest LynseyB

Thanks do the advice guys.one of the reasons we want to live in Adelaide is because it seems to be quicker easier and cheaper to get licence which is important to us.