Guest pixie7

176 do we have to go together?

Guest pixie7

So im trying to check whether we both have to go together into Oz or would it be ok if OH goes before me, so emailed CO and he said "there will not be a requirement for one or the other visa holder to make their initial entry before the other visa holder" so I'm feeling a bit thick do you understand this as its fine if OH (not main app) goes ahead of me?

Thanks guys x

Guest lilopilo

Hi, Just to let you know we have a 176 Visa and got it in 2008. My husband got a job offer in December and we made the decision for him to come straight out to Adelaide whilst I stayed and sold our house and packed everything. Hope this helps as we never had any questions asked about different arrival times.

Good luck x

Guest pixie7

Ah thankyou that exactly what I think we will end up doing. OH has already put the feelers out for jobs and will be job hunting properly as soon as we get visa but I'm committed to starting the new school year in September and then have to work a notice period (the schools been very support and I feel I cant just up and leave-also its all cash in the bank!) so if OH gets a job offer as we hope he needs to be able to go and i'll finish everything here and join him asap.

Thank you

Helen

Not sure but think you will have to validate your part of the visa before it expires..

Normally within a year.

Just check to see if i am correct dont take my work for it please!!

Rob and Mel

Guest Viksta

We were told by our agent that my OH couldnt go over for the first time without me, so it might be worth a couple of others letting you know what they've been told. Agent said, after we'd made our initial visit then after that we could both come and go freely without each other x x x