Sign in to follow this  
Guest jasongd

Ssl a hint of the future

Guest jasongd

Hi

This is on the SA IMMI website, and the way I read this means all other occupations have space for applicants other that 263111. Good news for us as we are awaiting to apply under my wifes TRA as a Hairdresser

27 July 2011 - Planning levels exist for all occupations with the exception of: 263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineerwhich now has "Special Conditions" applied to it. Please refer to the below for more information.

Please note: Occupation 263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer has reached its planning levels for the 2011-12 Program Year and now has "Special Conditions" applied to it for State Sponsorship. Applicants will need to meet the "Special Conditions" in order to be granted State Sponsorship.

Ta Jason

Guest helene73

It's excellent news Jason :) all this waiting is doing my nut in!!

I have IELTS on Saturday has your wife booked hers? :)

Guest jasongd

HI,

Yes she has it booked for the start of September, How did you get on.

Jason

Guest helene73

Now that we will have to wait and see lol

It wasn't as bad as I thought, but I was glad I was near the front for the listening, there's lots of chair shuffling and coughing going on! Reading I thought was ok, writing I am under on the words but if I had added more it would not have made sense, speaking I had a easy one all about films, actors and thank god I have watch Harry Potter!!! The lady doing the speaking kept laughing at me!! She ended the exam rather fast when she asked who my favourite actor was and why? To which I replied Johnny Depp because he is a totally stud muffin and I wouldn't kick him out of bed, I came out thinking I may have screwed it up with all her laughter, but everyone has assured me I will be ok!! :/

Well we will soon see!!!

Does your wife need a 7? :)

Guest jasongd

Yes she needs it for additional points so fingers crossed. I cant reason why every other State has updated their SOL and SA is dragging their heels, Was it you who said WA is adding Hairdresser's.

Jason

Guest MarK Jowett

Phew! I nearly wet my pants when I read that - since i'm going for 262113 - Systems Administrator, and worried it was the same thing. Crisis over, back to sorting bloody references! :)

Guest helene73
    Yes she needs it for additional points so fingers crossed. I cant reason why every other State has updated their SOL and SA is dragging their heels, Was it you who said WA is adding Hairdresser's.

Jason

Yeah Jane told me hairdressing is supposed to be back on today, I am not checking though after my little SA, WA, SA wobble lol

Guest Edvaldo

Hi,

My application for SS for the Occupation 263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer had all docs received on the 21st July, however, I'm still waiting for a decision. Do anyone know if I'm now 'up a creek' or do you think they will honor my application made in good faith at the time they received the completed application? :confused:

Guest jasongd

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, But quite a few people on here including my wife had their applications refused when Hairdresser reached the limit.

I hope I am wrong but it looks as if they have enough though,

But I would not give you bad news with out good news, search for the thread about the womens sister who's occupation was on WA but not on SA, Do not want to go into too much detail once you read it I hope you understand if not PM me.

Jason

Guest helene73

i was 3 weeks in with my SA SS (hairdresser) and i was given the boot too once they reached their levels :(

Guest Edvaldo

Just to clarify, what was being reported on your application status when it got refused, I realise I may be clinging at straws here.. Our status changed to Application assessed but still awaiting decision prior to Special Conditions being required.

Guest helene73
    Just to clarify, what was being reported on your application status when it got refused, I realise I may be clinging at straws here.. Our status changed to Application assessed but still awaiting decision prior to Special Conditions being required.

That's what mine said too, then it changed to planning levels meet.

I hope you haven't got the boot :) but just remember it won't be long till the 2011/12 SMP is released so worse case you won't have long till you can reapply :)

Guest jasongd

No I dont think thats what it s saying,

If you read it then it says planning levels for have been reached for 2011 to 2012, So it looks like it wont be on there when it reopens,

Hope I am wrong but looks like you might have to apply under WA or somewhere else.

Jason

Guest Edvaldo

Looks like we were lucky and got approved on Aug 8th. I see that this has happened too..

12 August 2011 - 263111 -

Computer Network and Systems Engineer no longer has "Special

Conditions" applied to it and has been made Highly Available again.

Guest helene73
    Looks like we were lucky and got approved on Aug 8th. I see that this has happened too..

12 August 2011 - 263111 -

Computer Network and Systems Engineer no longer has "Special

Conditions" applied to it and has been made Highly Available again.

Wooo hoooo congratulations, you lucky, lucky thing :)

---

-