Guest pixie7

shipping pc and bikes

Guest pixie7

Hi guys we are thinking (when I say we I mean OH lol) of shipping a PC and monitors and 2 mountain bikes over but just wondering where to start :eek: we need to see whether its worth it cost wise.

Can we ring up and get quotes or does it go on weight? Do we get a space in a shared container?? Sorry for all the questions but havent got a clue!:unsure:

Thanks

Helen

That small an amount I'd air freight it and have it there a lot quicker. If they are CRT monitors ditch them and get flat ones the other end. Bikes are more expensive in Aus so if your bikes are decent then it'd be worth shipping I'd think.

Guest pixie7

Thanks snifter, OH is in IT so they are flat screen monitors and he cant imagine being without a pc! I've had a look at some shipping/air freight companies and seems fairly cheap for bikes and pc so we will be taking them.

Guest johnosmad
    Thanks snifter, OH is in IT so they are flat screen monitors and he cant imagine being without a pc! I've had a look at some shipping/air freight companies and seems fairly cheap for bikes and pc so we will be taking them.

Hey, what was the company you got your quote from if you don't mind? I Got a TV, X box and couple of small things but most shipping seems aimed at bigger moves,

Thanks

Guest pixie7

Hi I did online quotes with http://www.freedom shipping.com

and

http://www.sevenseasworldwide.co.uk

Also advised to check

ewepack and Simpson

Hope this helps x

Hey, what was the company you got your quote from if you don't mind? I Got a TV, X box and couple of small things but most shipping seems aimed at bigger moves,

Thanks

Guest pixie7
    What make and model are the bikes? See this link to see what's selling for what over here.

Oo thanks for the link I'm going to check if theyre worth taking- 2 Muddy fox mountain bikes- not sure of model names.

Thanks

Guest Buttons
    Hi guys we are thinking (when I say we I mean OH lol) of shipping a PC and monitors and 2 mountain bikes over but just wondering where to start :eek: we need to see whether its worth it cost wise.

Can we ring up and get quotes or does it go on weight? Do we get a space in a shared container?? Sorry for all the questions but havent got a clue!:unsure:

Thanks

Helen

I might be being stupid here, but what are you doing with the rest of your stuff? Aren't you shipping that over as well? Therefore the PC's and bikes would go in the container with the rest of your belongings. It will cost you a fortune to buy all your belongings new over here - far more than it will cost you to ship a container with everything you own.

Depending on how much luggage you are bringing with you, you could bring the bikes as part of your check-in luggage - I have seen other people doing this. Obviously make sure they are very well packed and protected though. Your OH can also bring a laptop with him as part of his carry on luggage.

Guest pixie7
    I might be being stupid here, but what are you doing with the rest of your stuff? Aren't you shipping that over as well? Therefore the PC's and bikes would go in the container with the rest of your belongings. It will cost you a fortune to buy all your belongings new over here - far more than it will cost you to ship a container with everything you own.

Well we werent going to take everything- we've moved out of our house and got rid of a lot of furniture- not sure yet whether to ship or leave! But you have made me think again about shipping as much as possible!