Guest Linds & Greg

So happy I could burst!!

Guest Linds & Greg

Hi all,

2 and a half year wait but as of the 28th July 2011 we have had our VISA GRANTED soooooooo excited, but now scared too.

We jumped out of bed this morning and began painting the house and finishing up all the little bits that need completing before it goes on the market. Plus getting a job before we leave would be amazing.

Not long joined the site but love reading all the threads everyday and cant wait to chat to people who are leaving/already in SA and as excited as us to leave or still loving living there.

Linds :wink::wink::wink:

Guest loopylisa

Im going to look really naive here but it took them 2.5 years to process a VISA?!!! is this normal? I know nothing about these processes as I was so young when I became an ozzie

Guest Linds & Greg

Hi Lisa, It has taken us a long time, we started in January 2009 and was told it would take 5-8 months before having our visa granted, then the recession hit and immigration was put on a go slow.....although we kept an eye on thing we didnt hear anythig else until Febrauary 2011 when we were told our profession was now more sought after and would speed the process up. So we completed extra forms and 5 months later we have our Visa Granted. Been a very long process for us but think it was just bad timing for us too. However, we arent caring now....its all granted :-)

Sounds like things were a little bit easier a few years back, are your family still living in SA Lisa?

Linds

Guest moviemummy

Congratulations to you both. Great feeling.

Good luck with your plans.

L x

Guest leeannekays

Congrats. we got our Visa on 28th July also!!!! Ive just printed the grant letter. Do we need to send our passports off now?

leeanne x

Guest loopylisa

Wow. I admire your determination to go through that long drawn out process and many congrats too. Adelaide has always had a special place in my heart even though I was away for a decade! No literally ALL my family is in the UK( it was the main reason for us coming back in '99- my dads mum was getting older etc) but I have a few friends from school and a good friend who was in the UK living and working a few years back whom I have kept in touch with.

I hope your journey goes well and you settle in heaps good :biggrin:

Guest Linds & Greg

R&H, we are def hoping the fun part begins....but also the scary part. Like getting the house ready to sell, hoping to sell it etc but I just keep smiling and when work is giving me a tough day, I have this mental grin in my mind that soon we will be starting a new life soon.

Lx

Guest leeannekays

I now know where to send passports. Visa Evidencing Office, Australian High Commission, Strand, London , WC2B 4LA xxx

Guest Linds & Greg

I am getting on it and sending it asap too, to that address then Leeanne. Cant wait till they come back and finally have it in my hand :biggrin:

Congrats. we got our Visa on 28th July also!!!! Ive just printed the grant letter. Do we need to send our passports off now?

leeanne x

Hi Leanne and congratulations on your visa, The visas are now electronic,so the visa infomation is already on the system so to speak. If you really want to see the Visa stamp you can send it off, I believe you have to pay for this service,thats up to you.

The important thing is you have now your visa, Good luck with the next steps.

:biggrin:

All the best

Andrew

Guest MattfromNZ

Hi Linds, Congrats on your Visa approval. When are you guys coming over?

Guest leeannekays
    Hi Leanne and congratulations on your visa, The visas are now electronic,so the visa infomation is already on the system so to speak. If you really want to see the Visa stamp you can send it off, I believe you have to pay for this service,thats up to you.

The important thing is you have now your visa, Good luck with the next steps.

:biggrin:

All the best

Andrew

Thank you Andrew, I have sent it as our agent said to do so. Didnt say anything about paying for it though. Just had to send passports with grant letter and self address paid envelope. Hope it will be ok.

Still hasnt sunk in we have our visa. My OH has told his friends and family but I havent told any friends or family. Only my mum which was hard. Leeanne. PS Where are you flying to?

Hi Leeanne,

We are flying to Adelaide from Heathrow, and have a short term rental booked in Aldinga Beach, Cant wait ..:arghh: