Guest Viksta

Visiting Adelaide

Guest Viksta

I Know this is gonna sound stupid, but we are coming over to validate (I dont really like putting my dates on the internet!!) Will there be enough to do over the 7 days? Are there loads to do with the kids, zoo's etc I know its winter what is the weather like at the mo??? Never been so have no idea what there is to do and stuff!!!

The weather is quite chilly with the wind but when the sun is shinning it can be nice and warm, had a skirt on yesterday.

There is loads to do

Adelaide Zoo

Monarto Zoo (bit of drive and a bit like a safari park)

Dolphin Cruise up the port

SA museum free in the city

Cleland Wildlife park

Warawong Wildlife

Greenhills adventure park depending on your kids ages

Train rides at Victor Harbour

Beach

Semaphore

Beachouse Glenelg

Take a picnic when you can as food can get pricey if you eat out everyday and might not be very healthy, lots of hot chips which nice on a winters day but not everyday.

I could go on... good luck with your short holiday

Guest loopylisa

I read somewhere you can get free bicycles to cycle around the city. I went to cleland on a sat in April and it was sooo quiet so I imagine that it would be even quieter in winter. There is a really big cinema complex and games area at Westfield Marion and they have just opened a bran spanking new state of the art swimming pool right near westfield Marion called SA aquatic centre. That has water slides which I imagine the kids would like and a good indoor option if the weather is poor. I think the slides are only open sat though. http://www.facebook.com/SAaquatic

Guest loopylisa

Oh and also the tandanya aboriginal museum somewhere in the city. I remember going there on school excursions when I was little.

Guest Viksta

Thank you guys! Think i'm just worried as its only state i've not been too!! we're heading to brisbanse first to stay with family and been there a couple of times so know what to expect!! Will look into all that has been suggested!!