Guest wayney34

things seem to be going pretty fast...need advice on meds/police checks

Guest wayney34

Hi I hope somebody could advise me. We applied for our 176 visa on 24 Jun and have been assigned a CO on the 26 July who has asked us to go for medicals and get police checks. I seem to be having a slight problem getting the E health medical forms to come up it just keeps on bringing up blank pages. Also does anyone know how much medicals are in Birmingham as I have tried to ring them but they haven't got back to me. Also one last question I went to the police station today and asked them about a police check, I was given a form for a crb check and advised to send it off with a £10 charge is this the same thing. sorry to be a pain but it all gets a bit confusing after a while. thanks in advance :confused:

Guest Adelaide_bound

I believe the police check is a full disclosure check, NOT a CRB - again I think it costs around £35 not £10 so hopefully someone who has already done it can give the link online to get the form they used? (I have found a couple, but there seem to be a few knocking around...).

Would be equally interested in Brum prices though :D To add to that question - does anyone know if it is more expensive on a Sat or anything? (what with being a teacher, can't get a school day off and don't want to pay more than we absolutely have to hehe).

Guest pixie7

Hi

ehealth forms are on your TRN when you click on the docs checklist it should say Medicals and xrays requested click on that and it should open up the forms- if not email your CO (as the forms have your details pre printed on them so you need you specific ones)

Not sure bout Birmingham (not heard good reviews about them though) but Manchester charged me and OH £520 for ehealth meds (didnt need hep b and c) and they were great.

For police check do not get a CRB! Try this link http://www.acpo.police.uk you can choose normal service £35 or express £70.

Goodluck

Hi I hope somebody could advise me. We applied for our 176 visa on 24 Jun and have been assigned a CO on the 26 July who has asked us to go for medicals and get police checks. I seem to be having a slight problem getting the E health medical forms to come up it just keeps on bringing up blank pages. Also does anyone know how much medicals are in Birmingham as I have tried to ring them but they haven't got back to me. Also one last question I went to the police station today and asked them about a police check, I was given a form for a crb check and advised to send it off with a £10 charge is this the same thing. sorry to be a pain but it all gets a bit confusing after a while. thanks in advance :confused:

Guest wayney34

hi thankyou iv'e found the application form. glad I asked or I would have made a big mistake

Guest mlissiman

I'm not sure if this is much help to you as we left the UK 3 years ago (on Sunday!), but we were from Birmingham and we had our meds done at a medical centre in Northfield. We found them INCREDIBLY helpful as we had issues with our youngest son and they were only too happy to help us. The cost then was around 250 pounds, but that may well have increased by now. We got the name of a list that our CO sent through to us. Good luck!