Guest tc229

Police Officer Recruitment Adelaide

Guest tc229

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone out there IS or KNOWS of an officer who was recruited from the UK... My daughter is hoping to apply when the next recruitment drive is on in South Australia (2012) and we were wondering roughly how long the process takes. If anyone can shed some light on it w'd be really grateful..

Thank you

Tracy x

If she has no previous UK police experience she will not be able to participate in any UK aligned recruitment process.

I am not sure if this helps but you have to fit into a very particular criteria to qualify for the 10 week SAPOL conversion course that UK recruits undertake.

If she is applying as a Ozzie applicant the question would be best sent or canvased to the recruitment team at flinders street.

Pm if I can answer anymore question or help with this one...

Not sure if they are recruiting from the UK in 2012 I would imagine they will keep this qt until the last minute, as they did with the applicants who are coming out later this year 2012...

Guest tooeasy

as long as she knows how to hide in bushes or under dark bridges and can jump out holding a speed camera then she can get a job with sapol as this is all they know how to do :rolleyes:

as long as she knows how to hide in bushes or under dark bridges and can jump out holding a speed camera then she can get a job with sapol as this is all they know how to do :rolleyes:

Or just obey the speed limit and more lives will be saved and no-one will be fined!

Guest tooeasy

i thought the police were bad in the uk but they are worse here they couldn't catch a cold in a winters doctors waiting room if they put as much effort into catching criminals as they do in catching traffic offenders then there would be no crime police here are just glorified traffic wardens the only time they catch criminals is if they are speeding or run a red light as was reported in the paper the other week

More people are killed by bad driving than by murders. Fact. If you don't like getting done for running a red light (where u are very likely to injure or kill someone) or speeding, then the answer is a simple one, dont do it.

Guest tooeasy

more people are robbed, have their houses broken into, cars stolen, dealt drugs, assaulted, servo and pub hold ups than hurt on the roads thats a fact

the police say they put cameras in accident black spots but they put them anywhere they can raise revenue. my son was working somewhere that got held up at gun point and it took the police 30mins to get there now thats the police force for you (must have took some time to pack the cameras away :biglaugh:) and they still havent caught them

Guest Timt0

I came over in 2008 with the uk recruitment drive, I will be leaving asap, personally i find the job here boring and holds little to no interest for me but on the flip side great pay !!! If you havent been in a police force anywhere else give it a go you may find its for you, good luck

I came over in 2008 with the uk recruitment drive, I will be leaving asap, personally i find the job here boring and holds little to no interest for me but on the flip side great pay !!! If you havent been in a police force anywhere else give it a go you may find its for you, good luck

Can I just ask if you are going to somewhere else in Aus to work for the police or leaving the job altogether and doing something new out there? Or returning to the UK even?

Just curious.

Guest Timt0

No problem , I am lucky enough to be on a career break from my old force so will be returning to the job there. A few other reasons for the return but having my old job to go to had made the decision easier.

No problem , I am lucky enough to be on a career break from my old force so will be returning to the job there. A few other reasons for the return but having my old job to go to had made the decision easier.

Ah that makes sense. Its been good you got to have the experience, live in Aus for a bit and can now return without too much worry re job etc. I was thinking of a total career change once we are over in Aus and the police would have appealed if I was a few years younger. Still looking at what my options are regarding a new trade or line of work and no rush to do anything till we are settled there.

Good luck with it all :) Thanks for the reply.

Guest MrsHills

First off, the advice I have for the initial question is 'give it a go' you may love it or you may hate it but until you try you wont know.

and as always I have to get sucked in by some comments that people make on these boards!!

Re speeding fines etc I think you may find most cameras are operated by speed camera operators who are NOT police officers!

Guest mark&rachel

I take tooeasy is a prolific (and bad) traffic offender then. The Traffic Section in SAPOL do just the same as in England its just they are better here cos they catch more. As for the Police catching criminals , im sure they do that too, its just there arent as many cops or crims, hence why MOST of us are here as its safer!!!

Check out a site called Police Forum, that has details and is very useful for recruitment campaigns. Word on the street is that SAPOL are going back to UK next year too so keep yours eyes peeled. They will put it on there site and you can register your interest with them which maybe worth while. Just go onto the SAPOL site to do that.

The idea of this thread was to help someone who asked not to slag the Police off. If you want to do that start a thread doing it, otherwise you just waste peoples time reading your thread.

Guest Alesia & Leigh Valentine

I am looking to transfer from the UK fingers crossed there is a uk recruitment this year!! Keep an eye on the pages suggest and theres a few more and actual Facebook pafes. PM me if youd like me to message you them

Guest Helchops

Hi guys. My OH is interested in joining SAPOL. He's 26 and fit & healthy. Are they recruiting at the moment? He has no previous experience in UK forces...

Oh and he'd only go for it once we arrived, obviously.

i thought the police were bad in the uk but they are worse here they couldn't catch a cold in a winters doctors waiting room if they put as much effort into catching criminals as they do in catching traffic offenders then there would be no crime police here are just glorified traffic wardens the only time they catch criminals is if they are speeding or run a red light as was reported in the paper the other week

Yes nice opinion, DIck heads who speed kill more people in Australia then murderers. There have been over 30 deaths on SA roads this year already. The main contributing factor is Speed, also there are lots of drink drivers. If one of your family was killed (and i don't wish this on you) by a drink driver who was speeding would you be asking where the police were to stop this????

Its plain and simple. obey the road rules. less people will be killed or injured, there will be less need for traffic police and more patrol officers.

steve

Hi guys. My OH is interested in joining SAPOL. He's 26 and fit & healthy. Are they recruiting at the moment? He has no previous experience in UK forces...

Oh and he'd only go for it once we arrived, obviously.

Hi,

Have a look on the sapol web site,and achieve more.com as mentioned in an earlier post ,keep an eye out for the seminars they hold also over here,and book to go on it will open your eyes to it too,

they are recruiting most of the time,just fill out your application and post it off to them,

Have a good read on the websites it will help you prepare for what is expected of you to start the process off, training etc...

Good luck

Guest Helchops
    Hi,

Have a look on the sapol web site,and achieve more.com as mentioned in an earlier post ,keep an eye out for the seminars they hold also over here,and book to go on it will open your eyes to it too,

they are recruiting most of the time,just fill out your application and post it off to them,

Have a good read on the websites it will help you prepare for what is expected of you to start the process off, training etc...

Good luck

Thanks for that - will pass that along!