Yorkshire Meet???

Guest Happychick

Guest Happychick
Hi lisa, just got back from Spain yesterday so thought id check my emails,all 34 of them! Jst noticed the dates you suggested but we are away on the 22nd March as its Easter weekend and we go away in our caravan that weekend, any other time would be good for us. Hope to hear from you soon, would be good if we could work a date out to meet up with a few people. Nicolette

Hi Nicolette,

Hope you enjoyed spain and that the weather was better than here? just checking i know you said your away on the 22nd, how is the 05 th for you?? Or is that when your going to your caravan??

If you cant make it to this meet we ll arrange another soon when you can

Lisa

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Happychick
Hi lisa, Do you mean 5th April? Thats should be fine for us, any week really except Easter weekend, cheers Nicolette

Hi ,

Yes i meant the 5th april.. which i think will be the best weekend i forgot the 22nd was the bank holiday,,

looking forward to meeting you

Lisa

Guest nicolette

Hi Lisa, yes look forward to it. Where did you suggest? If you could let me know where it is and if it is somewhere for kids to play also. Is there anybody else meeting up also?

Guest markshelley

Hi Lisa and family,

We have only just got your reply so thanks a lot for the post.

It is very nice to hear that there is a lot of local people that are thinking/in the middle of migrating to oz, so for me its a case of more the merrier to meet up. So as far as the date for meeting goes the 5th April is fine with us and it would be great for our kids to meet others too, so that pub should be an ideal meeting place.

So we all recognise each other as we have never met i think we all should wear corked hats........ha ha !!!

Look forward to meeting you and everyone else.

Mark (34), Shelley (soon to be 28), Courtney (9), Harry and Charlie (6).:arghh:

Guest jill wright

Hi Mark Shelley

Regarding the hats we're game if you are!!!ha ha Anyone else out there in our region your more than welcome to join us the more the merrier !!

Jill Phil Lucy Daniel and Thomas

Guest markshelley

Hi Jill,Phil and kids,

Yes we are up 4 it...... if not the hats we need to do something seeing as though none of us know what each other looks like.

So what do you guys do 4 work?

How far down the road are you with your application?

Ossett is only 10 mins away from us in wakey, my father in law used to be the steward in the fern house WMC , do you know it?

Mark and Shelley and 3 sappers......:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Guest jill wright

Hi

yes we do know the fern house wmc but I think its one of the few places Phil hasn't frequented in Ossett.Will have to check with him in morning he's a Baker so in bed now. We are going on Phils skill which is now on the skills in demand list (think its because Australia about 20 years behind us so their bakers shops are still frequented its not all moved to supermarkets like over here or so we hope). Have had skills assessment passed and have received state sponsorship lodging visa application this week when we have the funds to do so (in case they take payment straight away). Going on the sir 475 visa and will put house up for sale when we get the visa.

It will be nice to meet up with like minded people as we have not broadcast our impending emigration yet so only talk about it amongst ourselves

Jill,Phil and kids

Guest markshelley

Hi,

Have you been to Adelaide before?

Did you watch the series Wanted down under?

How did you get sponsership?

How long from day one to now has it taken you?

We are relatively early really getting things together but im abit worried really that my migration agent has said to go for a joiner and ive been in the management side of things for 6 years so i just hope it all goes smoothly and not tits up at the last minute cos in the end they should know best shouldnt they.

Mark + Shelley........

Guest Happychick
Hi Lisa, yes look forward to it. Where did you suggest? If you could let me know where it is and if it is somewhere for kids to play also. Is there anybody else meeting up also?

Hi

ThePub is called the old brickworks and the address is

WAKEFIELD ROAD, DRIGHLINGTON, LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE. BD11 1EA

Tel: 08701 977152

If you come of at junction 27 on the M62 and then take the a650 signposted to bradford , as soon as you take this road you ll see the pub on the right,,

So far there will be eight of us meeting but a few more might join us , the more the merrier,

Oh and yes there is a wacky warehouse in the pub so plenty to keep the kids occupied

Lisa

Guest markshelley

Hi all......

The pub sounds perfect.

You can count me and shelley + 3 kids as attendees.

Are we to assume that the 5th April is the preferred date, going on the few posts.

So what unique thing is going to be agreed so we can all recognise each other?

Mark and Shelley.

Guest Happychick

:)

Hi Lisa and family,

We have only just got your reply so thanks a lot for the post.

It is very nice to hear that there is a lot of local people that are thinking/in the middle of migrating to oz, so for me its a case of more the merrier to meet up. So as far as the date for meeting goes the 5th April is fine with us and it would be great for our kids to meet others too, so that pub should be an ideal meeting place.

So we all recognise each other as we have never met i think we all should wear corked hats........ha ha !!!

Look forward to meeting you and everyone else.

Mark (34), Shelley (soon to be 28), Courtney (9), Harry and Charlie (6).:arghh:

Hi Mark , Shelley & Family

Glad you can make it to the meet on the 5th, and its definately a good idea to do something so we'll recognise each other. We went to a meet in warrington back in jan and for the first ten minutes were just looking round trying to sus out if we could see who was there for the meet..

I have been to a meet at the brickworks before and we sat at a table which was on the left handside as you walk in , in the back corner which was quite good ,, and quite a bit of space. so hopefully that might be free again..

I'll by my little one a koala bear or a kangaroo and hold that when we walk in so you ll know who we are

Looking forward to meeting you too

Lisa

Guest Happychick
Hi all......

The pub sounds perfect.

You can count me and shelley + 3 kids as attendees.

Are we to assume that the 5th April is the preferred date, going on the few posts.

So what unique thing is going to be agreed so we can all recognise each other?

Mark and Shelley.

Hi ,

Sounds like the 5th if def the preferred date for everyone, am looking forward to it

Lisa and Aaron

Guest nicolette

Hi Lisa, sorry if last mesage seemed a bit blunt! It sent before i had chance to finish, must have pressed a button by mistake! Look forward to meeting you all, if you could let us know what time etc that would be great! Ill fetch some piccies with us from our last visit. Speak soon, Nicolette

Hi Mark Shelley, Gill Phil, Lisa & Aaron

Saw your thread and was hoping to ask if we could tag along as we are just at the TRA process at present but been out of the country and then lap top blew up so replying from work.

If you dont mind me tagging along as all new to me and OT then i would appreciate it. I know the pub. Also if you can let me know confirmed date as OT works a lot of weekends.

Thanks in advance

Andrea & Martin

Guest Happychick
Hi Mark Shelley, Gill Phil, Lisa & Aaron

Saw your thread and was hoping to ask if we could tag along as we are just at the TRA process at present but been out of the country and then lap top blew up so replying from work.

If you dont mind me tagging along as all new to me and OT then i would appreciate it. I know the pub. Also if you can let me know confirmed date as OT works a lot of weekends.

Thanks in advance

Andrea & Martin

Hi,

Of course your more than welcome to join us the more the merrier. Confirmed Date is sat 5th april, was thinking about half one /2pm if thats okay with everyone else??

Lisa

Bummer!!!

Just found this thread and live in sunny old Barnsley!! know Wakefield and Leeds well but only one problem will be in Adelaide doing a reccie during your meet!!!:jiggy:

Got visa 136 PR in December and going to validate end of March/beginning of April

Will have t let me know how you get on and if your gonna do another meet.

All the best to those still waiting for their visas!!!:D

Susan

Thanks for letting me tag along but like Sue am also out of the country on the 5th although not in Adelaide unfortunately.

Please let me know how you all get on and if you set up another meet.

Sue let me know how you get on in Adelaide as not been out there yet and hoping to go in late October.

Andi

Guest Happychick
Bummer!!!

Just found this thread and live in sunny old Barnsley!! know Wakefield and Leeds well but only one problem will be in Adelaide doing a reccie during your meet!!!:jiggy:

Got visa 136 PR in December and going to validate end of March/beginning of April

Will have t let me know how you get on and if your gonna do another meet.

All the best to those still waiting for their visas!!!:D

Susan

Hi Susan,

Shame you cant make it to the meet, but you do have a good excuse.. Bet you cant wait to go!!

We are looking at flying out in may , although have never been before so you 'll have to let us know what you think of adelaide when you get back

all the best

Lisa

Thanks for your good wishes!!

Just over 2 weeks til we go!

Getting a bit worried though what if I/we dont like it after going through all this?:unsure:

Scared!! Excited!!:arghh::arghh:and everything else that Im sure you guys are going through aswell!

Susan x