Guest rowy

Left Wales on eyear

Guest rowy

A year tomorrow we flew here for our new life, leaving behind our nearest and dearest in South Wales. It has been the rollercoaster i am sure many of you have been on, with many highs but also so many lows, mainly due to the ill health of ageing parents. The move is not for the faint hearted because it really is a new start in every way. But I have to say apart from missing family my quality of life is far better, I have great job satisfaction and I have achieved more than I could have, just in a year than in the UK. They say the first year is the hardest, so hopefully the worst is done and we can start building on what we have here :biggrin: Penny, Alun & Victoria

Guest welshboy

Well done 1 year in, now it time to enjoy life here still very strange to celebrate xmas in the sun though????

Guest rowy
    Well done 1 year in, now it time to enjoy life here still very strange to celebrate xmas in the sun though????

Yep, that was pretty weird last year. Cant say i miss de icing the car in the mornings!! And waiting for the school to ring to say one flake of snow so we are closing!! Although seeing those Welsh hills covered with the first snow was always a special sight.

Excellent news and heres looking to the next year. Its great hearing positive stories.

Good luck for year 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest moviemummy

Thank you for sharing. I am sure it has all gone very quickly for you. Hope we have as positive things to say when we are a year in! Good luck for the future.

L x

Guest natalie82

Reading this has made me feel so positive. My family and I fly out to Adelaide in Oct we're from South Wales and are nervous and excited at what the year ahead has in store for us...Expecting a lot of ups and downs but your right about the first year! Good Luck for the future.

Guest rhymney

hello rowy we are arriving in adelaide on the 8th of september we have no jobs when we get there so it will be tough at first .im a bricklayer builder the wifes works in a childrens home .

It is a rough up and down life in many ways but it is also an amazing opportunity and if you grab life with both hands and stay positive you can achieve anything.. Here's to many more happy years :-)

Guest loopylisa

It is an amazing opportunity. We are all so fortunate to have the chance to have lived in the UK and Australia, which as far as countries go all in all aint too shabby!

Hi,

We too are from the South Wales valleys and are waiting for our visa. Be great to get to know you all for support to each other when we're there.

Bev

Guest bishop3912
    A year tomorrow we flew here for our new life, leaving behind our nearest and dearest in South Wales. It has been the rollercoaster i am sure many of you have been on, with many highs but also so many lows, mainly due to the ill health of ageing parents. The move is not for the faint hearted because it really is a new start in every way. But I have to say apart from missing family my quality of life is far better, I have great job satisfaction and I have achieved more than I could have, just in a year than in the UK. They say the first year is the hardest, so hopefully the worst is done and we can start building on what we have here :biggrin: Penny, Alun & Victoria

Congrats on your 1st anniversary, heres to many more lol :v_SPIN:

Guest rowy
    Reading this has made me feel so positive. My family and I fly out to Adelaide in Oct we're from South Wales and are nervous and excited at what the year ahead has in store for us...Expecting a lot of ups and downs but your right about the first year! Good Luck for the future.

Thank you Natalie, October will be a great time to arrive. Let me know if I can help with any info etc, Penny

Guest rowy
    hello rowy we are arriving in adelaide on the 8th of september we have no jobs when we get there so it will be tough at first .im a bricklayer builder the wifes works in a childrens home .

Well there are lots of really helpful people on this site if you need it, good luck, Penny

Guest rowy
    Hi' date='

We too are from the South Wales valleys and are waiting for our visa. Be great to get to know you all for support to each other when we're there.

Bev[/quote']

Bev, I am a Midwife in the City. PM me if I can help at all? Penny

Guest rowy
    Happy 1st year in Oz xx

Thank you Michelle, you have seen my ups and downs this year!!! xxxx

Guest natalie82

Thank You Rowy. Be fab for our families to meet once my family are settled....You can pass on your tips and advice to us novices.x