Guest ozdreamsa

HELP plz: Evidence of Overseas education qualification

Guest ozdreamsa

Hi

I am on my way to the 176 final visa lodgement and realized that I might have missed one thing.

If soemone have a foreign qualification (BSc in Electrical and Electronics Engineering), what kind of evidence, he/she needs to submit in order to obtain the specified 15 points? Will the graduation certificate do?

I am really nervous at this point and confused after reading the DIAC instruction, my assessing authority (ACS) did not mention anything about my foreign educaton qualification, ACS assessed my work exprerience and gave a positive assessment on ANZCO 263111.

Do I have to go through VETASSE to get my overseas educatoin qualificaton assessed?

The instruction from DIAC are as follows:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/eligibility-qualification-aust.htm

Now, I had checked with 2 different Migration agent around May, 2011 and both of them mentioned that my education qualification is ok based on OZ standard (they mentioned that my university was on the oz equivalant overseas qualification list).

Could someone please advice?

Guest ozdreamsa

Nobody had similar query/ heard about similar situation?

Guest Mary

Hi, my agent asked me to send the followings as the evidence of my overaseas qualification: diploma supplement (if you have one, this is a summary document after graduating in an EU country - I think since 2007) or transcripts plus the degree (graduation certificate).

Guest m.jephcott

I recently got a transcript of my degree so I could start a course at Uni here. Call up your uni or email them and get them to send one, mine didn't cost anything and I got my degree in 2001.

Guest loopylisa

FYI if you're a Psychology graduate its not that simple. Just incase anyone comes across this thread. For psychology you need to have your qualifications assessed by the Australian Psychological Society, they want transcripts +certified copies of thesis(s) and they charge a pretty penny for the privlege(about 800 dollars *sob*) and without a statement of equivalency you cant work in a clinical role or pursue further study. However if you're looking at research roles I have not seen this needed. This is all I know and it is specific to Psychology.

Guest MarK Jowett

If all you need are your university transcripts and your degree certificate - then that shouldn't be a problem as you would have had to provide them to ACS for your skills accreditation in the first place.

(I know as i've just paid my uni £85 to re-send mine :sad:)

If it is just to prove the 15 points and not for professional assessment you should not need the transcript just the graduation certificate. If they decide this is not enough they will ask you for further information.

Guest ozdreamsa

Thank you everyone who shared their valuable advice and thoughts, specially Rammygirl, I just want to show the proof to secure 15 points.