Guest RobJ1978

I'm confused Bev,

I can't help with your original question as i have just sent my stuff in July. however, your timeline says you sent your things in May and they have only received them in June....does this mean that is when they have changed their website to saying 'yes' to documents being recieved? Just mine went to yes within a week of sending them bar my Professional reference...they are now asking for a more in depth assessment and charging another $100 for the privialge, i have since sent that and it has also gone to 'yes'.

So my other question is....whats the next step....does their status change again? and does this mean they are looking at the application?

I presume you have tried emailing them etc..

fingers crossed you hear soon.x.x.x.Nic

Hi Nic,

Yes, it changed to 'Yes', I presume when they received my documents, that took about 4 weeks. I did speak to them in June and was told that there was only 1 person doing skills assessments, as they were advertising a post for another international assessor, so unfortunately the process was taking far longer than before... BUT.....they have appointed someone now so things will start moving quicker - so I've been informed last week!! I was lucky, I didn't have to have a further Prof Reference as I had sent one originally, so that saved $100. As far as the status goes, mine has said 'Yes' since June but I had an email to tell me that an assessor will be in contact fairly soon as my application was coming to the top of the list, so we'll see.

It'll be good to get that so I can apply for SS, then visa. What's your plans?

Bev x

Guest RobJ1978

Hi Bev,

We are going to go ss as well if i get a job, if not then we will go 175 route. I had an interview on 1st july and heard nothing back so gonna ring them in the morning.

Defo fingers crossed with the applications.x.

Guest orlaandjoe

hey bev I'm now waiting a grand total of 26 weeks!sent off in Feb!but think I'm nearly there now..hopefully!

Guest orlaandjoe

they just said there was a backlog.. last week they requested an additional reference which i sent so my agent seems to think that they should give a result once they receive the reference...27 weeks now!:(