Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bex & Nick

Flights Booked - Barmy or what?

Guest Bex & Nick

Well we've booked our flights for 20th June!! :D

We've spent so much time looking at the baggage allowance and decided that as it's not definite whether you get it on the SIR495 that we're going the long way round - Air New Zealand to LA to Auckland and then to Adelaide, so that we definitely get 46kg each. OMG what are we like!!? :shock:

Bex & Nick

Guest dglamoore

Feels real now you have booked the flights doesn't it? Time will fly by now and you'll be on your way before you know it!

Lisa :D

Guest graandjac

great news :D:D thats in my mind when it must hit you just how real this roller coaster is, hope to be in your shoes in a year or so

Good luck on your adventure let us know how you get on.

gra,jac ,holly and owen

Hi Bex

Funnily we have been pricing the exact flight path you have booked, just different dates 8) my hubby fancies an overnight in LA although Singapore is coming a close 2nd for me

Flew JAL last year, bad experience so I am rather put off hence why Air NZ appeal to us

Did you get a good deal & did you book on-line?

Angela

Guest happy-jools

that looks like a long way to go around. How many hours total is that taking.

Although we are only in early stages and hope to be moving early 2008, the more info we get the better. We initially thought Flying via Singapore, however if you have a stop over does this affect your baggage allowance. Any why is it the SIR 495 visa does not allow extra baggage allowance. :D

Guest dglamoore

We have been lucky and when we phoned Singapore airlines we managed to be granted 40kg each even on SIR :lol:

Lisa

Hi Bex

We were looking at this route too for when we finally do our one way to Adelaide, with a long stop over in LA to split the journey up.

We are going on our Recci on 18th April via Singapore with a few days stop over, have been down to Sydney on this route before and its really nice but fancy the long way when we finally go.

Good luck with all the planning your on the home stretch now :D

Kim

Guest Bex & Nick

I think that it in total it'll take 33 hours this way. The flight cost is £569 each (cf. £486 with Singapore Airlines).

We booked through Trailfinders and they were adamant that we wouldn't get the full baggage allowance through Singapore Airlines. I guess we could have done the same as Lisa if we'd booked it directly with them ourselves but we're just to "scared" about messing it up!

[Happy-Jools: as far as i'm aware the SIR495 doesn't qualify for full baggage because it is a temporary visa and to get the full amount you need to have a permanent visa. However, as you'll probably read some people have got lucky and managed to get it anyway!]

Bex

Guest donna T

How exciting - booking the flights definitely gives you a very real date to work towards - well done.

We are on a SIR and Singapore Airlines gave us 30kgs each so hoping that is enough :D