Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Wise Family

1st post - hello everyone

Guest The Wise Family

Just like to say hello to everyone. We are the Wise family, Gina, Ian, Georgia 13, Ria 11, and William 10 and hoping to move to adelaide end of april beginning of may. (If we ever sell our house!) We have applied for our visa, had the medicals done which arrived at LCU on christmas eve, and downloaded our police checks so now just waiting and trying to be patience.

Hello Wise Family and a very warm welcome to PIA,

you've made an excellent choice by joining us all on here, as there is a font of knowledge on here.

Good luck with your application and keep us all posted on your progress.

Guest Django

Welcome to PIA,

We are in a very similar position to you guys as regarding timeline. Hope the house selling goes well. Ours isn't even on the market yet but not in any rush. We will rent it out if we don't sell it before deparure date (not set yet).

Keep us updated

Pete

Guest The Wise Family

Thanks. Look forward to all your good advice. I might need some good advice on shipping our 9 year old labrador which I am already worrying about. We would like to go to some meet ups but they all seem so far away at the moment. Does anyone live near or not far from Milton Keynes?Gina x

Guest mOZzy

hello Gina and family and welcome :wubclub:

sorry we are not really close to you but maybe start a meetup like me and see who's coming out of hiding ;)

good luck with your visa!!!

Guest Blackcat

Hi from one Gina to another!

We have been here for 8 weeks now and love it. Still not sold our house in the UK which is a huge worry, but we just came anyway! I am sure you will love it once you are here, we all do! Good luck with everything, Gina and family

Guest dale_jo@

They say patience is a virtue !!!

Good Luck Guys good things come to those who wait!!

Happy New Year!!

Jo, Dale & Chelsea

Guest The Wise Family
    Hi from one Gina to another!

We have been here for 8 weeks now and love it. Still not sold our house in the UK which is a huge worry, but we just came anyway! I am sure you will love it once you are here, we all do! Good luck with everything, Gina and family

How funny you dont come across too many Gina's nowadays. Where abouts in adelaide are you? We have a viewing on our house as we speak. First one of the year and bound to be time wasters! Oh well. Here's hoping!! Gina x

Guest denty

Hi

We are the Dent family we got four small kids and are seriously thiking about moving to Australia, we dont know where to start or what to do! we have done an online visa thing and we have enough points now what??? Argh, if any one can give us some pointer that would be great. Scary but exciting time.:arghh:

where on earth do you start with housing and schools!

Good luck Wise family

em, stu, bethan, lucy, patrick and richard xx

Welcome to PIA Dent Family,

We used an agent so they did everything for us, but others done it by themselves, I'm sure you'll hear from them shortly to give you advice on where to start.

Good Luck and again Welcome aboard.

Guest denty

thanks for getting back so soon. xx

scary times ahead then for us. how long did it take you?

we have just sold our house here, although its in a long chain so we have quite a bit of time? whats work like out there? My hubby is an landscape gardener adn i'm a yoga teacher and photographer. sorry to bug you xx

em

Guest soggy
    Hi

We are the Dent family we got four small kids and are seriously thiking about moving to Australia, we dont know where to start or what to do! we have done an online visa thing and we have enough points now what??? Argh, if any one can give us some pointer that would be great. Scary but exciting time.:arghh:

where on earth do you start with housing and schools!

Good luck Wise family

em, stu, bethan, lucy, patrick and richard xx

Hi,

You have taken the best first step to Adelaide by joining this site, it has help me to get a visa without an agent.

The first thing you need to do is get your skills assessed by TRA, go to this site

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplace/Programmes/TRA/1SkillsassessmentforpeopleintendingtomigratetoAustralia.htm

and take your time reading all the info, when you fill out the forms give as much information as possible and make sure your training and experience covers all the duties expected of a landscape gardener in Australia.

You also have to know which visa your applying for to know what the next stage will be after TRA but getting a positive skill assessment is first step and you can not move on until you have this.

Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to pm me and i will try to help.

Simon