minty

Trades White Card From The UK

Hi all,

In my continuing effort to get everything i possibly can done from the UK so i can start work asap when i arrive i have found this company who you can do your white card with online from the UK.

They are - http://www.whitecardonline.com.au/

Something else we can get out of the way from the UK.

Hope this helps someone.

Will they post the card out to the UK?

I would of thought you needed a Oz address.

Good idea....

Rob and Mel

Hi, have emailed them and they have said yes no problem.

You do the online test and if passed get a print out cert. Then you send of ID, photo, ect and get your card back.

If they do what they say on the tin its one less thing to worry about.

Will be doing the test tomorrow so will find out shortly.

Hi all,

In my continuing effort to get everything i possibly can done from the UK so i can start work asap when i arrive i have found this company who you can do your white card with online from the UK.

They are - http://www.whitecardonline.com.au/

Something else we can get out of the way from the UK.

Hope this helps someone.

was going to ask same question so this is great..

I was on site today at flinders medical and reading the minutes from the health and saftey meeting it said /read that online white card will not be accepted on site (they expect you to have the 6 hour face to face induction test). The company was Baulderstone. don't know about any other companies out there but this is what I read !!!!

thought i'd share this with you.

I was on site today at flinders medical and reading the minutes from the health and saftey meeting it said /read that online white card will not be accepted on site (they expect you to have the 6 hour face to face induction test). The company was Baulderstone. don't know about any other companies out there but this is what I read !!!!

thought i'd share this with you.

How can they tell the difference though, its the same card you get ?

theres a few companies that accept it, some do, The company I work for accepts them for now but are pushing Safework SA to stop recognising them. Not sure how they appear different other than the name of the issuer. IMO better waiting till your here and head to recognised provider

http://www.eclipseeducation.com.au/white_card-course-nsw-sa-nt.asp

Information on White Cards in NSW, SA & NT

NSW, SA & NT state governments do not recognise Eclipse Online Education’s white card training certifications. To obtain work in the NSW, SA or NT construction industry, you must visit the respective safety at work websites and undertake the relevant training requirements. South Australia (SA) White Card – Safe Work:

http://www.safework.sa.gov.au/show_page.jsp?id=7429

thought i'd look for you all but the link above dosen't work, I'll ask at work on Tuesday to find out why they don't accept online and whats the difference. My white card has a barcode and a long number, no mention of where from!

http://www.whitecardonline.com.au/white-card/south-australia?gclid=CIKK04KeuaoCFUQOHAodeEh15A

Can you use our course to get a White Card in South Australia?

The White Card course we offer provides a nationally recognised White Card qualification, under Federal legislation and mutual recognition principles.

However, Work Cover SA at the current time may seek to impose local "policies" and as such they have certain other "requirements" which you may need to take into consideration before utilising this course to obtain your White Card.

If you live in SA it is important that you refer to our separate page on individual state requirements here

The Code supersedes the current SA general induction training, SA Construction Industry Common Site Safety Induction Course, commonly known within the industry as the SA Green Card, which is facilitated by the SA Construction Industry Training Board (CITB).

As a transitional phasing in arrangement, all current SA Green Cards will be recognised in SA. As each Green Card expires, holders will be required to undertake additional training to satisfy the Code of Practice for Induction for Construction Work and obtain a "White Card".

my thoughts are for people working interstate with the older style of induction card, need to undertake additional training.

http://www.eclipseeducation.com.au/white_card-course-nsw-sa-nt.asp

Information on White Cards in NSW, SA & NT

NSW, SA & NT state governments do not recognise Eclipse Online Education’s white card training certifications. To obtain work in the NSW, SA or NT construction industry, you must visit the respective safety at work websites and undertake the relevant training requirements. South Australia (SA) White Card – Safe Work:

http://www.safework.sa.gov.au/show_page.jsp?id=7429

thought i'd look for you all but the link above dosen't work, I'll ask at work on Tuesday to find out why they don't accept online and whats the difference. My white card has a barcode and a long number, no mention of where from!

http://www.whitecardonline.com.au/white-card/south-australia?gclid=CIKK04KeuaoCFUQOHAodeEh15A

Can you use our course to get a White Card in South Australia?

The White Card course we offer provides a nationally recognised White Card qualification, under Federal legislation and mutual recognition principles.

However, Work Cover SA at the current time may seek to impose local "policies" and as such they have certain other "requirements" which you may need to take into consideration before utilising this course to obtain your White Card.

If you live in SA it is important that you refer to our separate page on individual state requirements here

The Code supersedes the current SA general induction training, SA Construction Industry Common Site Safety Induction Course, commonly known within the industry as the SA Green Card, which is facilitated by the SA Construction Industry Training Board (CITB).

As a transitional phasing in arrangement, all current SA Green Cards will be recognised in SA. As each Green Card expires, holders will be required to undertake additional training to satisfy the Code of Practice for Induction for Construction Work and obtain a "White Card".

my thoughts are for people working interstate with the older style of induction card, need to undertake additional training.

Aaaawww, thought i found another shortcut. For $67 im going to do it anyway.

Just might get lucky in the short term.

One thing you will notice with South Australia is that if there is a BUCK $ to be made (for no reason) they will !!! found that with my Electrical wiring rules (a bit pointless as its the same as the 17th edition) and you have to be an idiot to fail!!! Example I have a un-restricted licence (old "A" class) so in theroy I can do any electrical work, HV although I wouldn't, LV single and 3 phase etc... but as I work in the Fire industy I have to have another restricted licence to pull "LITTLE" cables in (communications data licence)!!! go figure..

Going back to the white card issue....

Make sure that if you are doing it on line, you get a CARD and not just a email / peice of paper saying well done you have passed and here is your 14 digit number. mabe be over in SA they want to see a plastic card.

Just a thought.....

Update

Had to attend a safety seminar today with Safework SA and they are now officially not recognising the on line cards. Interstate on line cards from WA and Qld will only be accepeted on the discretion of the Site Manager/employer.

Our company now no longer accepts them full stop and i know of a few of the "tier 1" builders who never have.

Guest jonny no cash

I woudn't waste any time on an online course,just wait until you get here and book a one day course with a bona fide Training Organisation(you can find your nearest one on the CITB Website) it will cost around $100 You get a temp card at the end of it and Safework SA send your plastic card out to you that way you can be sure your card will be recognised everywhere.

Guest Jane & Tony

Sounds a bit dodgy to me! I don't think a site over here would accept a cscs card that was done online overseas either. H&S is such a big deal everywhere now.

Guest boesman

Besides the white card, are there any other cards that is needed for tradesmen? Is it difficult to obtain an ABN? (Aus bussiness number)

Besides the white card, are there any other cards that is needed for tradesmen? Is it difficult to obtain an ABN? (Aus bussiness number)

An ABN Its just a matter of appling for one over the net if you plan to work for yourself you will need to get a licence which can cost a bit and you need to do a course to get it if you are working for someone on wages you will not need a licence or a ABN