trevorpayne

exchange rate

the pounds gained 10 cents on the aus $ in the last week.

Hope this trend keeps momentum.

With house prices dropping and the pound rising might just be able to afford the pool.

Hope it stays this high for another week or so, just completed house sale and should receive a nice cheque early next week. It's my intention to transfer some money into our oz account, so fingers crossed.

Guest loopylisa

NOOOOOOOO this is a BAD thing. I have debts in the UK and I need the aussie dollar to stay as strong as it can so I can pay them off!

forget the uk debts.

Lets get back to 2:1 ratio.

2.5 would be nice, or is that just being greedy.

Guest Adelaide_bound
    2.5 would be nice, or is that just being greedy.

well if we're going for that, can we go for 3.5 to 1? :jiggy: lol

the pounds gained 10 cents on the aus $ in the last week.

Hope this trend keeps momentum.

With house prices dropping and the pound rising might just be able to afford the pool.

Could do with the house sale completing quick,lets keep talking it up :rolleyes:,couple of cents either way makes a massive difference to us !!!

Wish we could exchange and complete - our buyers are playing the waiting game - I've no fingernails left and fed up with sleepless nights!

Guest leeannekays

Wer trying to get the house ready to sale! Decluttering this weekend, OH doing trips to the tip tomorrow. Im carbooting next weekend. Want to get the best price we can.

to those waiting on a house cheque, if your contract is watertight and you are assured of the money, I would be ringing the exchange places and putting a forward order in. you are always then taking this risk though that it might rise higher in that time, so your deal is not as good, but if it drops, your laughing.

I am waiting for it to climb back to 2.55! lol will be waiting a few more years I reckon!

Guest karyn1

Tell me about it.! We changed our house sale money into dollars last week :(

Guest jasongd

Hi,

I was reading a post and the guy knows someone high up in the National Austrlian Bank and he recons the true value is around 2:1 and thinks it could take to middle of next year but does expect it to get back to that once the economy gets out of this mess all around the world. Looking at it just now that could take years but he is more qualified than most to comment.

Jason

Guest jasongd

Hi,

They recon when the US opens that will possibly push it further up, Sitting at 1.59 just now on xe.com

if you download AVAFX AND DOWNLOAD A DEMO ACCOUNT YOU CAN SEE THE SAME MARKETS AS THE TRADERS AND HAVE A FLUTTER WITH PRETEND MONEY. AS THEY GIVE YOU 100,000 TO PLAY THE MARKETS WITH ITS QUITE INTERESTING.

Guest jasongd

Hi,

It would be great if it kept going but how two faced when we get over and start praying for it to go back they way.

Jason

Hi,

It would be great if it kept going but how two faced when we get over and start praying for it to go back they way.

Jason

As long as you dont plan on coming back who cares. Keep on going up i say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes please - up up up!!!!!! and stay up until we sell our house in about 3 weeks - please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yer us too should get our cash in about 3 weeks too:smile:

Guest Guest5035

talk of the reserve bank dropping the interest rate, which will kick the dollar up again.

stevo

Guest Viksta

Ah we're flying out next week so i need to know when to buy some money, its only a holiday tho so not as essential as it is for others but would be nice to get a good rate!!