Karen_Jon

Just wondering about baggage allowance...

If we come over to validate our visa before moving permanently, is it true we won't benefit from the emmigrating baggage allowance when we finally make the big move? :mad:

Thanks, Karen

Guest pixie7

Hi Karen,

I know you can only use it once (obviously!) but I think if you state you dont want to use it for the validation you can keep it for the big move- I would try to get that in an email from the airlines though. Sure someone else who knows more will be along soon!

Goodluck

Guest BackToAdelaide

I've not read of anyone being able to keep the allowance for the second visit. Doesn't mean it's not possible of course.

hi i emailed singapore airlines last week , and there reply was something like this . providing that on check in you have an uvalidated or unstamped visa you will be allowed the extra allowance. so i would take it on that you would lose that entitlement if you have validated. but it wouldnt do any harm in asking..

Guest loopylisa

I have an aussie passport gained when I was a child so will be travelling on that and so dont qualify for increased baggage allowance. However, I rang singapore airlines and they increased it by 5 kg. I know that this is not much but it helps. I got this by phoning them and explaining the situation

When I worked at the University in the UK lots of students used to use this company to send there bags backwards and forwards...

http://www.excess-baggage.com/

I believe some of the members on here have used them as well.

Its a good idea if you want some extra stuff while you wait for the container.

I would say its always best to email the airline you are using to get a written reply to any questions you have.

Rob and Mel