Guest andyboy66

Football - Adelaide Utd

Guest andyboy66

Will really miss my beloved football team (Rangers FC)

Wondering if anyone has taken up going to see Adelaide Utd,

and what it's like. Atmosphere, crowd, cost etc??

Afraid I can't stand a lot of Aussie favourite sports - rugby, cricket etc

Anyone go to the footie and would you recommend?

I think Young Flinny might be a regular http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/member.php?u=2641 so might be worth a PM

Have been a couple of times, and the atmosphere isn't bad - nothing like a UK match though unfortunately, either in crowd numbers or in football standards! Give it a try and see what you think: with the large european influence here in Adelaide, you'll find it attracts quite a few poms, greeks, italians and croatians predominantly.

My two sons are regulars at the Adelaide United games and go to quite a few away games too!

When I have been I have quite enjoyed it but if you're expecting the Ibrox roar, then you're in for disappointment.

I think Young Flinny might be a regular http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/member.php?u=2641 so might be worth a PM

Have been a couple of times, and the atmosphere isn't bad - nothing like a UK match though unfortunately, either in crowd numbers or in football standards! Give it a try and see what you think: with the large european influence here in Adelaide, you'll find it attracts quite a few poms, greeks, italians and croatians predominantly.

Funny Diane, I was just typing about my two sons.

LOL Just saw your post and thought - oh good, there he is! I thought it was your lads who went... (and hope you didn't mind me mentioning them!)

The standard is pretty ****, but then you will be used to that following the SPL!!!:wink:

Not much of an atmosphere but its hot and you can drink beer in the stands!!!

Guest andyboy66

Thanks to all for replies,

Maybe it will be a step up from the SPL!! ha

Guest UzinOz

Only been a couple of times and it's not anything like going to Ibrox, but is not a bad atmosphere, very family orientated. It's worth going to see for yourself but don't expect to be doin the bouncy lol

Jackie

Guest andyboy66
    Only been a couple of times and it's not anything like going to Ibrox, but is not a bad atmosphere, very family orientated. It's worth going to see for yourself but don't expect to be doin the bouncy lol

Jackie

Thanks for that Jackie!!

Will give it a try once there,

just can't imagine not seeing any live football, but hey, there's more to life!!

Alan

Guest BackToAdelaide

Dare I point out that footy in Adelaide usually means Aussie Rules and not rugby? :)

Guest Guest5035

And Soccers that popular, its not even on free to air!!

stevo

It's not expensive to get in. We took the kids to an evening game last season on a really hot evening, I don't know how the players could play in that temperature, we were sweating just sitting there! It was a good atmosphere, nothing like British football but enjoyable. Unfortunately Adelaide United lost, but there was a good crowd, family atmosphere and less old ladies than the footy!

I'm part of the Red Army (supporters group) and we meet up in a pub before every game, get some cheap drink down us then go to the match where we'll have a drink in the stands and we've been known to go for a drink afterwards.

I don't know much about the football but feel free to drop us a PM and I'll give you the meet details.