House not selling

sharons dream

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well been on the phone to estate agents and solicitor. solicitor says whole process should take 5 weeks so thats puting us into second week of sept, so our planned move for end of november is still achiveable ,if not then it will be jan 2012.. but we are going to be positive and keep our focus on the end of november...

Guest Jennet

Hi its a nightmare with the property side of things if you send me a private message i'll give you Trish's number, there is also a meeting on the 28th August for all PIA if you want to go its at Kirkstall Abbey

After a horrendous few days when we thought it was all off and we'd have to begin again, it seems 3 of the 4 of us are OK and ready but the person at the bottom of the chain is painfully slow. The chain has been broken twice but now seems to be on track again.

Today, after a firmly worded email from me demanding some concrete information rather than being fobbed off, they came back with an exchange date. Thursday 15th September!!!!! Hopefully we'll complete soon after that and can then think of shipping our stuff and booking flights sometime around the end of October.

Trying not to get my hopes up too much but it looks a lot better than it did a week ago. Just hope the exchange rate doesn't plummet again as we were originally aiming to get above 1.50 if possible and it's touched 1.58 a couple of times which would be fantastic.

The roller-coaster continues .... onwards and upwards. Please let it end soon, I've had enough and I don't think my stomach can take much more.

Guest Jane & Tony

The roller-coaster continues .... onwards and upwards. Please let it end soon, I've had enough and I don't think my stomach can take much more.

Hear, Hear!!! I know what you mean!!

• 1 month later...
Guest sunnydays
Hi its a nightmare with the property side of things if you send me a private message i'll give you Trish's number, there is also a meeting on the 28th August for all PIA if you want to go its at Kirkstall Abbey

Hi

Just wondering how the meeting went and has any one else decided to go down this route??:smile:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dreamers

Hi Jennet, We are new to Poms in Adelaide but i was very inspired by your repy. Please could you also send on this information to us. We had our Visa's accepted in Feb and have been trying to sell our house since then. we have dropped £50k and still no sale. Its really been the most awful time for us since then, as we have our own business to try and wind up too! We have even been trying to rent since end of sept too. we are really at the lowest here and would appreciate any information with some hope as the shippers have been in so we are sleeping on the floor now & the pets fly on the 8th Nov. Many many thanks

Hear, Hear!!! I know what you mean!!

Not long now - We've been here almost a month and move into our new house on the 18th November - bought a car on Friday too! The roller coaster ride is finally coming to an end.

Just loving it all and finally had a relaxing day walking on the beach yesterday around Noarlunga

Hi Jennet, We are new to Poms in Adelaide but i was very inspired by your repy. Please could you also send on this information to us. We had our Visa's accepted in Feb and have been trying to sell our house since then. we have dropped £50k and still no sale. Its really been the most awful time for us since then, as we have our own business to try and wind up too! We have even been trying to rent since end of sept too. we are really at the lowest here and would appreciate any information with some hope as the shippers have been in so we are sleeping on the floor now & the pets fly on the 8th Nov. Many many thanks

Hope thing improve for you soon. We thought we'd never get the house sold but it does happen .............. eventually! Hang in there - it won't be long

Guest leeannekays

We are trying to sale our home at the moment and dont seem to be having many viewings. 3 in the last 4 weeks!! no offers. I am starting to worry about it as want to do more. The estate agent wants to drop the price already ( only been on the market 5 weeks). We are due to fly end of april. I just dont know what to do for the best. Do we wait or drop it.

leeanne

We have only had one viewing in 6 weeks, although we can't fly out till the end of may ,but it would be nice to have the house sold soon.Also have a business which we thought was sold ,but thats not going to well either,stressfull times for all.

Kev

Hi If you would like more information please send me a private message then i will give you more details.

jennet

Hi If you would like more information please send me a private message then i will give you more details.

jennet

Hi but this just seems a bit odd to me ,if its a reputable company ,why can't you just post up a link or name them.People selling up and moving are under a lot of pressure and could be venerable to sales bull s**t and easy options.which could in the end cost them a lot of money ,which is hard to replace.

Hope it comes soon for you Sharon.

Dont know what I am complaining about......We accepted an offer 4 days after our house went on the market and now am in panick mode as they want us to complete by 1st week in December! We are having to go into rented in the UK for 6 mths so our son can complete his GCSEs. All come abit TOO soon but should feel lucky compared to most who cant get a viewer let alone a buyer. Our estate agent was very good though...he sent the shop staff up to see our house so they could describe and really sell our house.....Worth a try. I thought it was a great idea.

Good luck,

Allison, Alex(Welder), and Connor 15

Hope it comes soon for you Sharon.

Dont know what I am complaining about......We accepted an offer 4 days after our house went on the market and now am in panick mode as they want us to complete by 1st week in December! We are having to go into rented in the UK for 6 mths so our son can complete his GCSEs. All come abit TOO soon but should feel lucky compared to most who cant get a viewer let alone a buyer. Our estate agent was very good though...he sent the shop staff up to see our house so they could describe and really sell our house.....Worth a try. I thought it was a great idea.

Good luck,

Allison, Alex(Welder), and Connor 15

your in the same boat as me, i'm waiting till 2012 so my daughter completes her GCSE's

Guest Heather2011
I've taken a different route to sell my house i got the information from the australian magazine that i buy, it caught my eye when i saw people getting in the red through emigrating, some interesting stories but mainly people emigrating and still having a mortgage in England to still pay and try to live a new life in OZ. I e - mailed the number and got a reply and it went from there it seemed strange to start with as it was all so quick, but has houses prices have dropped and people struggling to get mortgages i didn't want the stress of being held here and my house not selling. if you want any info let me know. they are also helping me get on the property market in OZ.

Hi Jennet

What were the details of the company you used?

Heather

• 4 weeks later...
Guest leeannekays

We just feel in such a dilemma! House went on the Market in Sept, haven't had loads of interest. Got a good rate with the estate agent. We have dropped the price by 10k! Now had the first offer come in at 190k ( dropped from 210k to 200k). We declined and they went to192k as ther maximum! Estate agent said he thinks they could go to 193k but thatwouldbe it as would borrow last 1k from family. We are moving to oz April 2012. Do we accept this, or decline when no one else is coming through the door. Thing iis we don't want to have to drop price even more when we go into next year!

Leeanne

We just feel in such a dilemma! House went on the Market in Sept, haven't had loads of interest. Got a good rate with the estate agent. We have dropped the price by 10k! Now had the first offer come in at 190k ( dropped from 210k to 200k). We declined and they went to192k as ther maximum! Estate agent said he thinks they could go to 193k but thatwouldbe it as would borrow last 1k from family. We are moving to oz April 2012. Do we accept this, or decline when no one else is coming through the door. Thing iis we don't want to have to drop price even more when we go into next year!

Leeanne

the problem with your offer is that you may not get anything better due to the recession worsening, if you have an offer then your lucky as people are not getting anyone through their door at all, or the house has been up for sale upto 2 yrs or so. Depends on how desperate you want to get organized to sort everything else out for OZ. do you want to move to OZ with having to rent your house out or have you got enough equity to help you in OZ if you accept the offer. its difficult to decide it also depends on how much you want to start a new life too, without the stress of having ties in the UK.

Well ladies we have now given up on selling our house. We have put it up for rent. Agent came round Thursday went straight on Internet. Had two viewings on Monday and they both want it. So much so that one couple as offered to pay £25 month more than what it was advertised for. Omg I can't believe the difference it just means that funds are going to be tight to start with but hay we have always said we would do anything to make this happen it is a good feeling to know that we still have a house in the uk to. We are flying out 22 nd January xx

We too are renting our house in UK as sale fell through. We know it may be tight initially but as hubby has a job we know we can make it work. If you can live with letting it go for 192/3k and have enough to start new life then I would be tempted to accept as we too were dropping alot just to take more cash, instead of going down rental route. We didnt have the choice in the end with it falling through but we have a lovely couple in to rent for 6mths as well as keeping it on the market. If we are doing ok we may well keep the house on and not sell for a good few years yet, but we'll see how it goes in Oz. We fly out in 4wks, 30th Dec, cant quite believe it's so soon! Just glad things are sorted now. Good luck to all of you,

Lisa:cool:

Guest leeannekays

Thank you Jennet and LeeLee.

We have rang agent and said we would accept £193. They haven't ranges back yet. Still dont know ifright decision, feel like were giving it away. But a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the tree. That's what my nan used to say anyway!

The housing market is suppo to get worse. It's all a gamble

Xx

Thank you Jennet and LeeLee.

We have rang agent and said we would accept £193. They haven't ranges back yet. Still dont know ifright decision, feel like were giving it away. But a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the tree. That's what my nan used to say anyway!

The housing market is suppo to get worse. It's all a gamble

Xx

I think you have done the right thing, its sad when you know you could make more money a couple of years ago but i doubt any thing will change for at least 5 years with properties here, but by then you will be so sorted in OZ you'll be glad you made that decision, hopefully it goes through and you can then safe money on top of what you get from the house to bring to OZ its far better that way. I have done it and i was just glad to turn my back on a huge headache which it causes especially when it get's nearer to moving to OZ.