Riots in London

Diane

It was a previous post that mentioned snipers. We 've all got our own opinions on what needs to be done but I for one am glad I don't have that decision to make. If they "pussyfoot" around they'll be slagged off and if they go in too hard they"ll be slagged off. I think everyone will agree that we all want the riots to be stopped and the brainless morons dealt with. I lived through the Bradford riots years ago and it was a scary time. I'm living happily back in Bradford now and I'm not ready to hand over my city to the thugs again.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Problem is now unless we get hard or wait until someone dies this will go on and on. Police have been great but it's time now to up it a level and finish it. That will inevitably involve meeting violence with violence, unfortunately it's the only thing these sort of people understand.

People like these are also the reason you should have to have a IQ test and a licence before you can have children.

Guest Adelaide_bound
I can't believe all those in UK (on this thread) saying they are leaving to get away from it all thinking it can't happen here.

Of course it can.

The majority of youths in UK are OK, like they are here. It's just with so many people you get more of the bad type.

The difference is - IS it happening there? No. Point made. And one of the things we are so very cross about and frustrated with is the complete impotence of the police, as their hands are tied - remember they do not carry guns like in Australia, which imho is a massive difference and one that would have made a difference in this case.

(And its got nothing to do with youths nor has it anything to do with different races, genders, shapes or sizes, it has to do with scum - there were all types out looting).

These mindless morons have grown up without respect for anyone or anything. It starts in the home with poor parenting, no discipline or education on how to behave. Just look at the misbehaving little kids all around with their parents doing nothing to teach them how to behave in a civilised society. Shouting, screaming & running around shops, restaurants etc. Give them a smacked arse for gods sake. They are dumped with 'childminders', stuck in front of a TV, left in kids clubs on holidays and spend little time with their parents. They are not your 'mate', they are your offspring. You are responsible for their upbringing. Their formative years lay the foundation for what is right & wrong & teach them respect. What chance do they have? It continues in school where discipline no longer exists & the namby pamby lot have stopped the teachers from controlling the little gits. The kids expect everything for free, on demand. Many get it, probably from parents trying to compensate for not being there. Those who go to uni expect that for free & begrudge having to pay for it. What happened to 'if you want something you have to work for it'? Some even emigrate to Australia and see that as an opportunity to try & avoid paying back a student loan! When they start in the workplace they can use a computer but the rest of their life skills are seriously deficient.

Its all take take take and few actually do something to give back. Some people on here constantly have a go at the UK, the country that schooled them for free, gave them free healthcare and endless opportunities to do something with their lives. You owe thanks for that.

Being 'poor' is not an excuse for bad behaviour either. The so called socially deprived areas are made by the people that live there. It costs nothing to be a decent person, nothing to have a bit of pride, nothing to have a sense of community and nothing to be a good parent.

Unless changes are made, nothing will change. When something isn't working you have to change it. Do nothing and nothing will change. Its not somebody elses job to do this, it's ours. We have to lead by example & show the young the way.

Britain is still one of the countries you'd be lucky to grow up and live in. A few riots will only strengthen the resolve of the majority. Some will of course cut & run but the country is probably better off without them in that case.

No, it's not happening here yet, but it wasn't in UK a week ago. I do think its better here, but I don't want people coming thinking they are escaping from all crime. As the radio (Australian not UK) were reporting yesterday, London is one one of the safer capital cities in the world, this should not be forgotten.

We have horror stories with youths too.

There are always people who like fighting and a bit of destruction. Think back to the 70's and 80's, there was plenty of football hooliganism which included smashing bars up etc. Where ever there are large populations, you'll probably find it more likely to happen. I worked in Moss Side (Manchester) for eleven years and know some who were either involved or associated with some of the gun crime. The vast majority of people and this includes young people, are not involved with these kinds of things. Kids are more more likely to be swept along with what goes on. I am not excusing them, but many young people do not realise the consequences of what happens, sure, maybe they should - the ignorant, do not know they are so. There is a reason why we never have an 18 year old PM.

I do think the Army should be brought in. There will always be bad Police Officers, Soldiers, Teachers, but does that mean we don't let them do the job they can - don't let the small, negative minority constrain the majority.

Cooler

Guest bishop3912
These mindless morons have grown up without respect for anyone or anything. It starts in the home with poor parenting, no discipline or education on how to behave. Just look at the misbehaving little kids all around with their parents doing nothing to teach them how to behave in a civilised society. Shouting, screaming & running around shops, restaurants etc. Give them a smacked arse for gods sake. They are dumped with 'childminders', stuck in front of a TV, left in kids clubs on holidays and spend little time with their parents. They are not your 'mate', they are your offspring. You are responsible for their upbringing. Their formative years lay the foundation for what is right & wrong & teach them respect. What chance do they have? It continues in school where discipline no longer exists & the namby pamby lot have stopped the teachers from controlling the little gits. The kids expect everything for free, on demand. Many get it, probably from parents trying to compensate for not being there. Those who go to uni expect that for free & begrudge having to pay for it. What happened to 'if you want something you have to work for it'? Some even emigrate to Australia and see that as an opportunity to try & avoid paying back a student loan! When they start in the workplace they can use a computer but the rest of their life skills are seriously deficient.

Its all take take take and few actually do something to give back. Some people on here constantly have a go at the UK, the country that schooled them for free, gave them free healthcare and endless opportunities to do something with their lives. You owe thanks for that.

Being 'poor' is not an excuse for bad behaviour either. The so called socially deprived areas are made by the people that live there. It costs nothing to be a decent person, nothing to have a bit of pride, nothing to have a sense of community and nothing to be a good parent.

Unless changes are made, nothing will change. When something isn't working you have to change it. Do nothing and nothing will change. Its not somebody elses job to do this, it's ours. We have to lead by example & show the young the way.

Britain is still one of the countries you'd be lucky to grow up and live in. A few riots will only strengthen the resolve of the majority. Some will of course cut & run but the country is probably better off without them in that case.

Very well said Pesty650, it all starts at home, good parenting is the key. I always had respect for my parents (had being the operative word as they are sadly no longer around) and would never of dreamed of doing anything like these people are doing, using the excuse of "yeah I nicked it cause Ive got no money today" not being good enough!!!

IMHO & personal Experience some misbehaving kids that run around shops/restaurants screaming & playing up are due to having problems like Aspergers/Autism (however this is a minority).

Britain isn't called Great for nothing, look at the way the local people have banded together to protect their areas during the last couple of days, yesterday & tonight particularly. This type of thing can and unfortunately does happen in many countries, not just 3rd world ones. The UK is beautifully multi-culturally diverse and these communities that have come out during the last day or so to protect their local shops/business gain a big thumbs up from me, they too are proud to live in the country called Great Britain.

They are dumped with 'childminders'

My kids were "dumped with childminders" when they were little and it did them a world of good! Mind you, our childminder was absolutely fantastic, and totally fierce (I think she even made me sit on the bottom stair once when I forgot to take my shoes off in the house!) - she did more good teaching them right and wrong than I (as an inexperienced parent at the time) could ever hope to do!

Other than that I don't disagree with anything you're written!

Think the problem with these rioters is basically they feel they have nothing to lose (well, they do now - some decent trainers and several flat screen TVs apparently) if they do get caught and punished. How do you punish them? Expel them from school? - doubt if they'd care, if they still go anyway. Threaten them with losing their jobs? - doubt if they have jobs to lose. Take away their liberty? - and put them in an offenders institution where they just learn bigger and better ways to commit crime?

I don't know what the solution is, but I have to say the London Muslim Community are doing a great job with their vigilante services at the moment. Silver lining to a very dark cloud, if they get some good PR out of it!

Guest Nick11

My hubby had a real moment of clarity this morning (doesn't happen often). He said if the youths of today are doing this...what the hell will their children be doing in 20 years times!!! Doesnt bear thinking about!!!!

My hubby had a real moment of clarity this morning (doesn't happen often). He said if the youths of today are doing this...what the hell will their children be doing in 20 years times!!! Doesnt bear thinking about!!!!

Oooh best argument I've heard for infiltrating the water supply with contraceptive drugs!

Mind you, hopefully the "Saffy Principle" will kick in (cf. Edina's daughter on Absolutely Fabulous)

Guest Guest5035

Might get myself told off here

BUT F#####G awesome post

Stevo

british armys record on firing plastic bullets in n ireland speaks for its self,kids caught up in riots which kick off and end up shot in the face.Is all the people caught up on way home in london riot not innocent? they keep ranting that these are kids rioting surely the big strong police force could go hand in hand and get this sorte?.By the way plastic bullets are to be fired below waist level but hundreds of recorded injuries are for head injuries. 12 year old girl eating ice cream sitting on her own garden wall and shot dead(head shot) by british soldier by plastic bullet because he says she was in a riot when all that happened was some kid in the street fired a stone at his armoured car. She was innocent and not sent out to watch a riot she was victim caught up and murdered by a trigger happy soldier.You gotta be sure when you call for these things.

Well, 3 people died last night in Birmingham :sad: Its quite possible these were people protecting their neighbourhood and business from troublemakers/looters and were killed by a hit and run driver (who was later arrested). Police are treating it as murder. Sadly this sort of thing is only going to add fuel to an already tinder dry situation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024375/Three-men-dead-hit-run-Birmingham-riots-sparks-triple-murder-inquiry.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-14471405

Really shocking what is going on - just heard Cameron on news saying that he expects jail sentences for all charged - they should also stop their benefits so they have to go out to work and do something constructive with their time and learn some respect for people and property and lose "the world owes me ..." attitude.

british armys record on firing plastic bullets in n ireland speaks for its self,kids caught up in riots which kick off and end up shot in the face.Is all the people caught up on way home in london riot not innocent? they keep ranting that these are kids rioting surely the big strong police force could go hand in hand and get this sorte?.By the way plastic bullets are to be fired below waist level but hundreds of recorded injuries are for head injuries. 12 year old girl eating ice cream sitting on her own garden wall and shot dead(head shot) by british soldier by plastic bullet because he says she was in a riot when all that happened was some kid in the street fired a stone at his armoured car. She was innocent and not sent out to watch a riot she was victim caught up and murdered by a trigger happy soldier.You gotta be sure when you call for these things.

The record for riots in Ireland also speaks for itself. Yes now and then someone gets something wrong it's human nature but in the probably hundreds of thousands of baton round fired there has been very few deaths so the results out way the risks. The people who stand there watching are just as bad as the rioters and no one starts firing plastics when shoppers are around.

As for standing and watching I've seen a dad in Derry give his 4 year old boy half bricks to throw at the soldiers and stand on the side laughing, did I Baton the boy no, did I baton his dad oh yes, there you go careful selection.

The record for riots in Ireland also speaks for itself. Yes now and then someone gets something wrong it's human nature but in the probably hundreds of thousands of baton round fired there has been very few deaths so the results out way the risks. The people who stand there watching are just as bad as the rioters and no one starts firing plastics when shoppers are around.

As for standing and watching I've seen a dad in Derry give his 4 year old boy half bricks to throw at the soldiers and stand on the side laughing, did I Baton the boy no, did I baton his dad oh yes, there you go careful selection.

im only speaking of my experience of having lived thru the troubles in ireland,bent soldiers will fire to maim or kill as also done in Derry 13 unarmed INNOCENT civil rights marchers carefully selected and shot dead. Innocence declared by british government 2010 40 years to late.Shot dead for being on their own roads by rogue soldiers.there you go Careful Selection.(taking a shot at dad beside 4 yr old sounds reckless to me plastics not exactly a rifle).

no you got me wrong any boby that died died needlessly, but you guys where there to fight a common enemy not to kill innocent civies,in doing this you just fall as low as these guys.If you put yourself in a position where you god forbid have to bury family members murdered by so called security forces supposedly there to protect civies i bet you be pretty angry.Im not trying to start a soldier bashing debate here im only stressing the need to be careful when bringing guns out.Dont take it personally and i do wish you and your family all the best in your move to aus.

I'm no taking it wrong but innocents got killed on both side the difference is soldiers in general do not go out of there way to kill civvies. Yes you get bad eggs but it's the exception to the rule. Paramilitaries from both sides did it for fun.

Innocent people get killed which is unfortunate but in general the vast majority that get hit with batons deserve it.