Guest londongirl

Norwood Morialta - anyone know it?

Guest londongirl

We have been offered temporary accommodation in the Norwood Morialta zone, and my 14 year old daughter would be starting end of year 8. I've heard it has a good reputation, and the website looks quite good. Does anyone know the school or anyone attending there? If so what's it like?

Guest lupert1972

We live in the zone for Norwood Morialta too. My son is due to start in Jan 2012. We had heard some good and some bad things about it so I went to the open night to have a look for myself and was quite impressed (and so was my son). Before we went I was going to write it off in my mind as my son really wants to go to Glenunga but I have to say I couldn't see anything wrong with Norwood and would be quite happy for him to go there. The subjects are great and they seem to do things the other schools don't do. We have put Glenunga as his first choice but we are not in the zone so will have to wait and see. The main reason for going for Glenunga really is the International Baccalaureate. There is no transport to Norwood from where we live but there is to Glenunga. We are also hoping to move next year and are looking at houses nearer Glenunga so it makes sense to try and get him in there.

Where abouts are you living? We are in Stonyfell at the moment.

Good luck x

Friend's daughter goes to NMHS and seems very happy with it (in Year 11 now) - they also seem to have good relationships with other schools in the area, both state and private, as my kids' school (St Iggies) play sports matches against them (and they're a lot more sporting than the Rostrevor lot I can tell you!!!)

Guest londongirl

The NMHS website says they do the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program (see 'Middle Years Subject Selection Book'), and the upper school curriculum looks amazing compared to the UK!

We had our hearts set on Glenunga too (we went to an open day when last in Adelaide) and we wanted to live in the zone. However, we need a permanent address to be able to enrol and we've been offered a twelve month lease in Roslyn Park (right near Stonyfell!) in NMHS zone. So we don't really have much choice at this stage.

I think there are buses along The Parade to St Bernard's Road - the H20?

Cheers

Guest catielou

hey londongirl.

if you still wondering the school is a very good school, i was a student there in 2010 straight from the uk and they were very helpful. not only the teachers but the students a nice aswell ( a lot of them are were international )

im now in norwood morialta upper campus and thats also a good school.

jack (catielou's son ) 16

Guest londongirl

Thanks Jack - great to hear it "from the horse's mouth" as they say!

Does anyone know if bus travel is free for school kids?

Don't think it is - I get a multitrip pass for each of my kids which costs $10.30 for ten trips (if they have to catch more than one bus, as long as it's within a certain time limit - 90 mins I think - it just counts as one trip) That covers the "school" busses as well as normal public busses.

If you haven't found it already, a good site for plotting public transport routes and times is http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au

Guest londongirl

that's another 300 bucks a year per child to budget for then! hope the education is worth it!:smile:

ticket lasts for 2 hours from first validation and as long as you are on your bus, train or tram before the two hours rolls over it still counts for that trip.

Guest londongirl

Thanks for all the replies. NMHS looks really good, however it does not offer the senior International Baccalaureate for the time being. Is anyone aware if there are any plans to start running it at the school some time in the near future?