Sign in to follow this  
Guest gazzman

shipping advice

Guest gazzman

Can anyone share some info on shared container. I have been given different timescales from 3 removal companies and beginning to wonder who is telling the truth and who are just saying what we want to hear. 1 firm say 10 -12 weeks for a shared container, the other says between 8-10 weeks and finally 12- 16 weeks. Can anyone who has shipped using a shared container give an account of how long it actually took this would be a great help. We are leaving on the 1st of Nov to fly to Ade.

Cheers

Guest bishop3912
    Can anyone share some info on shared container. I have been given different timescales from 3 removal companies and beginning to wonder who is telling the truth and who are just saying what we want to hear. 1 firm say 10 -12 weeks for a shared container, the other says between 8-10 weeks and finally 12- 16 weeks. Can anyone who has shipped using a shared container give an account of how long it actually took this would be a great help. We are leaving on the 1st of Nov to fly to Ade.

Cheers

Sorry not used one personally but do know people that have. The time frame does vary depending on whether or not your removal company already have someone wanting, at the same time as you and to the same place, for a shared container, if not your stuff sits in storage until they can fill the container. The people I know took about 12-13 weeks. We were offered this at the time of our move as the company actually had a family leaving the same time and going to the same place as us, but the price for us wasn't much cheaper so opted for a 20ft and filled it up lol.

Good luck with the move.