Sign in to follow this  
Diane

Briilliant service from Amazon

After lending my dear daughter my Kindle, she somehow managed to crack the screen on it (claims it hasn't been dropped, but something obviously happened to it!)

Anyway, I was pretty fed up to say the least, and went onto the Amazon site to see where I might be able to get it repaired, expecting it to cost daughter her next few months pocket money.

Just want to say, Amazon's Customer Service is brilliant. I entered my phone number on their site, within seconds they'd called me, and the upshot is they sent me out a replacement Kindle on the spot completely free, plus an email with a printable address label to return the broken one to with 30 days.

I was stunned.

Bouquets to Amazon!

:wubclub:

Wow that is great. I have to say, I've yet to have a crummy experience shopping online with Amazon.

Be sure to not let your daughter near it :eek: Perhaps she could save her pocket money to buy her own :cute:

Guest bishop3912

Fantastic customer service, love Amazon, havent used them out here in Oz yet though lol. Good to know that they still help as much in Oz as they do in the UK. :smile:

Fantastic customer service, love Amazon, havent used them out here in Oz yet though lol. Good to know that they still help as much in Oz as they do in the UK. :smile:

Unfortunately we don't have them in Oz yet - we have the choice of the US or UK site (my experience was with the US one), woud love it if they decided to open an aussie branch....

Guest BrianS

diane:

with the kindle, my parents fancy getting me one for my birthday, dad has one over in the uk and uses 3g to download books (which i am assuming is like the internet dongle i have) and seems to think that it will work over here, any thoughts as to if it will or not?

Hi Brian, yes no problem downloading books - I just order online from Amazon (UK or US) and it's delivered automatically to my Kindle when I turn the Wireless function on. Or I could connect it to the PC (via USB) and move it over from my Amazon account that way. I think that's what I'll have to do when the new one arrives, so will let you know how easy it is.