Sign in to follow this  
Guest MarK Jowett

5 Points for State Sponsorship?!

Guest Big Bob
    I'm confused - again!

Do you qualify for an extra 5 points towards your Visa with the state sponsorship?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/eligibility-state-terr-rel-spon-01.htm

Or is this something different?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark

If you are applying for a PR application Subclass 176/886 and if you are sponsored by State/ Territory Nomination you are awarded 5 points for your point test provided you complete 65 points(inclusive 5 points from SS) and fulfill all conditions of 176/886 visa.

Somehow if you don't complete 65 points then you have option if applying for Regional Sponsored Visa/TR (Subclass 475/487) with state/territory nomination then you are awarded 10 points.for the same.

Note: If you get Relative sponsored then you are not awarded points for 176/886 (PR Visa) but you are still awarded 10 points for 475/487 (Regional Sponsored Visa).

Guest MarK Jowett

Cheers Bob, that just about makes sense!

I'm going for the 176 visa with SA SS (hopefully - still waiting on skills assessment from ACS)

Guest Big Bob
    Cheers Bob, that just about makes sense!

I'm going for the 176 visa with SA SS (hopefully - still waiting on skills assessment from ACS)

All the best for your 176!

Cheers!