176 Online Application (Finally) and Questions

Guest ozdreamsa

Guest ozdreamsa

Ok, finally was able to submit the 176 online, BUT due to some error/issue on DIAC or on my pc, I was unable to get some info.

Once I have submitted online application and gave the fee by credit card, I got into a page where it said the following:

__

Before you exit you will need to complete the following steps:

1. General Skilled Migration Document Checklist (required)

2. Attach documents (recommended)

3. Retrieve and print your application form (recommended)

4. Retrieve your payment receipt details (recommended)

----

I was able to get the no 1 and 4, But no matter how many times I pressed on no 3 and 4, there was a popup with unknown zone and nothing came up. Later when I logged the system with the TRN and other details, I could not find the above page.

Anybody have any idea where to find those instructions?

In which page, the exact direction for uploading scanned docs are mentioned?

Oh, I am almost there, but sooo tired..........

Thank you guys, if I get the visa, you guys are gonna be my neighbors, so excited.

Guest eclare

You'll get an email from DIAC with all the necessary links and further information required but mine too a few days to come through...I had the same problem and panic! Follow this link.

PROVIDING DOCUMENTS

Electronic lodgement of applications provides an effective service for applicants to provide documents to the department. eVisa applicants should attach documents online at:https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/attachment/start.do?attachType=VISA_APPLICATION&group=travel

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

DIAC don't make it very obvious when you get to the end of the application that you have to sign in separately to upload the docs. I had the same panic too!

Guest ozdreamsa

Thank you very much. I got e-mail from DIAC and Immigration SA.

Immigration SA mentioned that they sent the required SS form to DIAC.

In the mail from DIAC, I can see that need to submit form 80 and 1221, wondering how to fill house those? Writing and then scanning and submit? Or is there any link to fill out them online?

I am still unclear about the required docs mentioned in no. 2 in my 1st post. Where exactly I should look for to know the list? When I login the eVisa page, I can see a huge list, I am sure I only need to submit the one that are relevant to me, I know the required docs, but I would also like to know the recommeded docs that DIAC mentioned when I paid the fee, why I cannot find it?

Oh, it is a big headache, but thank GOD I have found you guys in this forum.

Guest eclare

We filled the forms in by hand, signed, scanned and uploaded them. It doesn't mention these forms on my application checklist (in the e-visa system) so I have gone on the assumption that all the documents in the e-visa system, in addition to those mentioned in the email from DIAc are required.

If you log into the e-visa system to check the application progress you should see a link to 'document checklist' and the message against each category i.e. 'evidence of de facto relationship' will provide further details about documents required. It is a substantial amount of documentation particulary as you have to provide all the docs that you submitted for your skills assessment (which for me was a huge amount) and if like us you are in a de facto relationship! Be aware that there is a maximum no. of files that can be attached and individual files cannot exceed 5mb. I reached my limit yesterday and still had a few docs to upload. DIAC have provided me with an email address to send the remaining docs to. I only have 2 docs left to complete (statutory declaration from relatives in Australia) and we are complete. Hope to have a case officer appointed asap!

I am having problems logging in this morning and this seems to happen quite frequently. Be patient. All the information and links to various pages should be in the email from DIAC, but if you need anymore help let me know. You download your medical forms from the e-visa page also.

Did you know someone on this forum who applied for state sponsorship around about the same time as us has already been approved! Don't lose momentum, I think we are lucky that this appears to be a very quick window for processing times at the moment. All the very best, Clare

Guest ozdreamsa

eclare, you are the best, thank you, I have been looking only into the page where you can attach document, now I found that there is another page where they have the checklist. I may have some additional question, will inform you soon.

The questions that I have now from top of my head are:

(1) In which format you submitted the photos? Did you take a digital photo and attached the jpeg? Or did you scan a hard copy of photo?

(2) If I submit a color scan, that would be sufficient, right? No need to certify first, then scan that certified doc?

My brain is kind of slow with work and last couple of days brain storming on 176 application.

Thanks again for the energy and encouragement, who is that lucky person that got the approval? That is less than 2 weeks, isn't it? Awesome timing..

Guest eclare

jayatharaka is the lucky receipent of the 176, I think he could well be the 1st (hopefully of many!

In answer to your questions, I presume you mean the passport photos, we got them done at a shop and scanned them in. We need to have 2 passport photos for the medicals and 1 for the police check so you shoudl probably get some printed in any case. JPEG files are acceptable.

Colour scanned images are acceptable and do not need to be certified...key is the colour, black and white would need to be certified.

Happy to help.

Guest ozdreamsa

Nice, thanks again, I will fillup the form 80 n 1221 in blue-colores ball pen. Hope to upload all docs asap. Did DIAC ask you to upload employment certificate/ proof of salary/ tax, bank statement etc?

Guest eclare

Not specifically but I did anyway as I had already pre-scanned them. I'm working on the basis of the more supporting info the better. The only bad point is I guess it could take them longer to work through it.

Guest Guest8609

Hi, guys. I'm preparing for 176 visa application. Could you possibly tell me whether to get all the payslips and P60s notarised or not, because I see different opinions, and in fact, these docs ARE black and white. But on the other hand, they are sort of printouts and also easy to check for DIAC... so it's confusing.

ozdreamsa - hope you don't mind I'm using your topic, couldn't find another that I could add a question too... I guess it would be good to have questions in one place so that we help each other while going through the application process...

Guest ozdreamsa

No problem at all Lenore. I am also looking for answer on that. I had threw away all the monthly payslip I had and only have the year-end taxation slips, among those 2 are black and white. Should I just upload those 2 black and white tax slips or get a it certified and upload the certified ones? I guess I have to make sure I get certified in color.

It has been 8 days I had applied online, but have not uploaded a single doc, I feel very lazy and tired, there are so many docs to upload.

Guest Adelaide_bound

I spoke to DIAC, a person in the flesh, and they said it didn't really matter about the colour thing, you could just scan in docs anyway. I did query this, but they were sure it would be ok. I'd upload what you have, and then if it isn't good enough they can ask for more evidence and you can ask your C/O exactly what they want.

I don't know if they work on the fact that if you have SS you must have the basic 12 months out of the last 24 months work experience requirement, so don't need to prove it again, or if they ignore the fact you have already proved it to someone official, but if you don't have the correct paperwork there when you get a CO they will ask for it.

Guest Guest8609

Thanks, Adelaide_bound.

We haven't lodged for visa yet, because we need employer's letter and one Stat Dec. In Booklet 6 it says you should have employer's letter before lodging, so even if COs don't follow that rule, I would rather comply with it. Also, there is discrepancy in our docs: in letter for ACS employer gave probably wrong date of job start (couple of months later, but it was change of position within same job, so maybe they didn't count training, even though the payslips had salary of the new position!). On the other hand, ACS wrote one month earlier in their assesment, than in the employer's letter, God knows why. So employer, payslips and ACS don't match with the month of the job start! Sheer incompetence, but we look like some liars now. The good news is, that, no matter what, the lentgh of experience WAS fulfilled at the time of ACS assessment. Hope CO won't make problems :/

Guest Guest8609

I've got another dilemma :D

We have stat decs from 4 witnesses notarised and ready. Now we have to write our stat decs (I assume separately). Do our own stat decs need notarised as well?

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Thanks for this really helpful thread.:notworthy:

We are just working our way through this jungle in the hope of submitting my 176 on Saturday. Almost there, just the last few scans.

Trying to find all the payslips in my dear wife's filing system, some are filed under - window sill, handbag, upstairs - I suspect I will find the rest filed under - back of arm chair :eek:

IrishStew (OH)

Hi All, Thought I would add some comments on my experience of 176.

- After payment - log out (cancel) and then upload docs - it wouldn't let me upload until I logged back in.

- Make sure your upload file sizes are not too big. I tried combining scans into one upload but the file size was too big at 5MB.

- When uploading there is no progress bar - 1/2 MB file took 30-50 secs to upload (with a 3.5MB speed connection).

- After supplying SA with the TRN number I got a response with 12 hours stating that they had sent my form to DIAC

- Within 12 hours I had a reply from DIAC telling me what to do next.

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
Guys, are ye providing 2 years worth of payslips? Is this what is needed?

Are you claiming points for work experience? If so, you will have to prove however many years you are claiming for. We did it on the old points test but I uploaded 4 years worth to back up our claim for the work experience points. If not then it would just be whatever the basic requirement is - used to be 12 out of last 24 months but don't know if that's changed now.

Guest DingDangDoo

No im not claiming for work experience, not sure really myself if its 12-24 months!! The requirement is 2 years for DIAC and ACS so

im just presuming they will look for 2 years worth!