Guest gymnast11

wood machinist

Guest gymnast11

hello, arriving in Adelaide on nov 27th, hubby sent off a few emails and posted some cv to companies in adelaide but as yet still no replies, he is a cnc wood machinist with over 30 years experience in the trade, with office funiture, bedroom furniture etc, if anything is out there could you point us in the right direction, were to start looking when we arrive many thanks michelle x:cool:

Guest Nick11

Don't be put off by lack of replies...most companies won't even bother replying unless you are already in oz.

Things happen very very slowly here!!!!

Good luck

x

Guest gymnast11

thanks Nick11 keep forgetting the slower pace of live, cant wait :) michelle x

Don't be put off by lack of replies...most companies won't even bother replying unless you are already in oz.

Things happen very very slowly here!!!!

Good luck

x

Guest gymnast11

Thanks for that, will get him signed up now ha ha , good luck with your first week, thanks again janice x michelle x

you could try signing up to www.careerone.com.au or www.seek.com.au, they send you emails of any jobs going - that's how my OH found his first job, he starts next week!

good luck with the job-hunting and the move, janice x

Guest gymnast11

whooooo will keep looking thanks for that HG, michelle x

there was a company after a wood machinist/ cnc guy yesterday in seek....

HG

You will have to develop a thick skin when you gete here as communication is not one of Adelaide's employers/agencies strong points, this is one of the few things that really pees me off about this place.

Just keep on chucking out those applications and emails, than after a week or so follow them up and put them on the spot, after a while soemthing will turn up, it may not be the perfect job but its a job to get you started.

onwards and upwards and persevere through the pain...lol

HG

Guest gymnast11

ohh thanks HG will do exactly that, im thick skinned, im a scouser, ha ha they will proberly get fed up with me, and someone will give up in the end, tc michelle x

You will have to develop a thick skin when you gete here as communication is not one of Adelaide's employers/agencies strong points, this is one of the few things that really pees me off about this place.

Just keep on chucking out those applications and emails, than after a week or so follow them up and put them on the spot, after a while soemthing will turn up, it may not be the perfect job but its a job to get you started.

onwards and upwards and persevere through the pain...lol

HG

ohh thanks HG will do exactly that, im thick skinned, im a scouser, ha ha they will proberly get fed up with me, and someone will give up in the end, tc michelle x

Lol i wnt tell anybody really....

HG

Guest gymnast11

lol HG nothing i can do about it now, im on my wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tc x michelle x