Sign in to follow this  
Guest LynseyB

Accountants in Adelaide

Guest LynseyB

Hi,

I am a qualified Chartered Accountant (since 2008) currently working as a financial accountant in one of the large American Investment Banks. I look after a portfolio of companies which includes preparing their statutory accounts.

My question is, from my research it looks like I will have to change the type of company I work for when we get to Adelaide i.e. start looking for jobs in industry as their do not seem to be many jobs in financial services. Does anyone have any hints or tips for someone like me?

Thanks!

Guest BackToAdelaide
    Hi,

I am a qualified Chartered Accountant (since 2008) currently working as a financial accountant in one of the large American Investment Banks. I look after a portfolio of companies which includes preparing their statutory accounts.

My question is, from my research it looks like I will have to change the type of company I work for when we get to Adelaide i.e. start looking for jobs in industry as their do not seem to be many jobs in financial services. Does anyone have any hints or tips for someone like me?

Thanks!

Hi Lynsey

I'm originally from Adelaide and worked in various accounting roles in the state government before I came over to the UK. You are correct that there's not a huge financial services industry in Adelaide and also the majority of company headquarters, at least for large corporations, tend to be on the east coast of Australia. So yes, industry is probably your best bet, but there are also many jobs in the public sector and also in audit firms (not just the big 4).

Sorry I can't be of more help but I'm 7 years out of date since I moved over to the UK in 2004. However I am moving back in November and have registered a profile with http://www.seek.com.au and get emails for any jobs that match my profile. I'd suggest registering with a couple of such sites and getting an idea of the types of jobs available. It will also help you work out what salary you want/need.

Cheers