Sign in to follow this  
Guest davejohn

Any bad areas of Adelaide

Guest davejohn

hi

Movin over to adelaide this year.Are there any dodgy areas where you would not recomend to live.

Also what are the good points of adelaide,any info would be much appreciated as i have never been...

Cheers

Dave

Generally, if the suburb has the word "Downs" in it, it could be a bit dodgy - although Seaview Downs is quite nice.

Elizabeth is a deffo one to avoid in the north.

Woodville and Port Adelaide in the west are a bit dodgy.

Some parts of Morphett Vale, Christies Beach and Hackham should be avoided in the south.

Its hard to say which ones are bad. You need to suss out the suburbs when you get here.

Guest Davyfella

Ah B******s, you've just highlighted all the areas that I was considering because the houses were cheap there.

Maybe that is why the houses are cheap!

Guest Guest75
    Ah B******s, you've just highlighted all the areas that I was considering because the houses were cheap there.

Maybe that is why the houses are cheap!

It could well be :-)

I am not getting into this debate too much :-)

Yes this question can open a can of worms but ask around when you get here, have a drive around, suss out the neighbours of the property you go to see. Listen - are there barking dogs, screaming kids, graffitti, skateboards? Look at the tarmac - are there burnouts on it? Generally, this would be something I'd look out for when buying our next property.

I'm not sure if its possible but find out if the Co-operative own any properties in the street and how these properties are maintained. All but two houses are Co-operative in my street (mine and my neighbour are the two). Luckily all but one have nice people in them and they are well maintained - there is always one. :? If I had known this before buying, it may well have changed my decision to buy but we like where we are and it is generally quiet.

Have a look in the Rentals and Real Estate section of this forum. There is a similar thread there with useful info in.

Guest Im Here
    Generally, if the suburb has the word "Downs" in it, it could be a bit dodgy - although Seaview Downs is quite nice.

Elizabeth is a deffo one to avoid in the north.

Woodville and Port Adelaide in the west are a bit dodgy.

Some parts of Morphett Vale, Christies Beach and Hackham should be avoided in the south.

Its hard to say which ones are bad. You need to suss out the suburbs when you get here.

It amazes me how someone can advise others on areas when they have'nt lived there themselves.

Its hard to say which areas to avoid if you have'nt lived there the best thing is to have a drive around the area which take your fancy (once your here of course) at different times of the day on different days.

:lol:

Guest dglamoore

Hi Im Here

Welcome to the forum - which area do you live in and what is it like? Always good to get opinions of others already in Adelaide.

Lisa :D

Guest Im Here

Hi Lisa

I have lived in Adelaide for just under 2 years. Im living in Morphett Vale and i must say its very queit. We have no hoon driving ect in fact sometimes its deadly quiet :twisted:

When i was looking to buy we was advised against this area so i then went on to ask them how long they had lived there and their reply was well i haven't.

Like i said you need to have lived in a certain area really to be able to advice whether its good or bad.

x

Guest Guest75
    Hi Lisa

I have lived in Adelaide for just under 2 years. Im living in Morphett Vale and i must say its very queit. We have no hoon driving ect in fact sometimes its deadly quiet :twisted:

When i was looking to buy we was advised against this area so i then went on to ask them how long they had lived there and their reply was well i haven't.

Like i said you need to have lived in a certain area really to be able to advice whether its good or bad.

x

Hiya neighbour. :)

We live just up the road from you in Onkaparinga Hills.

Morphett Vale has some really nice parts and as you say a little quiet.

Guest betty22

Hi Ya,

We live in Morphett vale as well and we like it. Close to all amenities and quiet where we are.

Don't forget Morphett Vale was the origional Southern Suburb and is very large and sprawlling(its huge) unlike some of the newer suburbs.

our rental is also in Morphett Vale just down the road from where we live.

Liz

I did say "some" parts of Morphett Vale. And I have friends that live in a nice bit of Morphett Vale as well.

I know people that live in a nice area of Christies Beach but when we were looking round at houses, the police came to do a drug raid on the house next door. Mmmm time for a sharp exit.

And I have lived in other areas of Adelaide. :shock:

Generally, if the houses are very cheap - there is a reason for this.

Hi everyone

I always worry about asking about suburbs but here goes:

You refer to the South but what its like further South, Aldinga, Seaford even Maslins - just wondering :) Seems to be a lot of new houses being built at very reasonable prices but are the prices reflective of the area ??hmmmm....what to you think :)

Angela

You refer to the South but what its like further South, Aldinga, Seaford even Maslins - just wondering :)

I live in Seaford - there are 2800 new homes being built over the next 18 months here. Its cheaper this far south because its 40 minutes away from the City - the further away from the City you live, the cheaper the houses.

I can't say much about Maslins as haven't lived there and don't know anyone that does but here's an interesting fact - Maslins Beach was the first nudist beach in Australia!

Aldinga is very nice - its about 10 minutes drive from Seaford. I go to the doctors there and we have friends that have built a house there. This area is also going to expand dramatically over the next 2 years.

Guest Jane.Mason

Hi All

We have good freinds that own a small vin yard just 10 mins walk from Maslin. Very nice, very quiet great views from their veranda. Spent three days on the beach and didn't spot one nudist although all South Australians know it :oops:

Jane